is it possible..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitava82

MMO Addict
I think Redhat has this option to install in FAT. I've seen Redhat 7.1 had this option. Dunno about new versions. you can try Vmware for windows too.

praka123

left this forum longback
hmm,how about "defrag"ing ur Linux on fat32 :lol:
yeah.linux filesystem frags much less @ max 15% may be and GIYF

praka123

left this forum longback
installing GNU/Linux on fat partns are possible many distros are also there supprting such things.what i meant was fat and even ntfs file systems needs defragmenting after sometime,-that most windows os users may be doing monthly/weekly(some ppl monthly format their windows and reinstall it!!!).now with any linux fs for eg ext2/3,reiserfs etc we dont find the need to do that! as Lin FS are much more efficient and fragment much less thus almost no need of defragmentation done.one more reason for servers and databases prefering Linux,FreeBSD etc :eek:

OP
hrushij

hrushij

Broken In
But i have found somewhere that linux can be installed only on ext2/3 type partition....not on fat32....
anyways
thx

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Oh ReiserFS was (is) default file system in OpenSUSE and AFAIK in SLED too.

As for JFS, I think its Journaling FIle System. like ext3, but I thought JFS is a feature of file system, not a file system in itself.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
kumarmohit said:
Oh yes, I recall something like that!!! I will change the is to was.
yes.it "was" :-|
the link to news:
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_reiser#Nina_Reiser.27s_disappearance

demoninside

In the zone
I think you can do it, using VM ware, it will create it's own file for that much space, and it will be done.

But you will be under windows tho you can use everything in linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom