is it possible to access 2nd OS in dual boot system, when under 1st OS?

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
Suppose, i have 2 partition.... C: and D: drive.....

Dual Boot..... Win XP installed on C: drive, Win7 installed on D: drive....

I am now logged in Windows XP..... i want to access Windows 7 installation now. Is is possible?
is there any way to access/use Win7 installation of D: drive when I am on WinXP??

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Yes, though you can access, its not generally recommended because system files can be changed/deleted that way.

But you can't simul-boot or use Windows 7 side-by-side with XP like a program.

Flash

Lost in speed
Suppose, i have 2 partition.... C: and D: drive.....

Dual Boot..... Win XP installed on C: drive, Win7 installed on D: drive....

I am now logged in Windows XP..... i want to access Windows 7 installation now. Is is possible?
is there any way to access/use Win7 installation of D: drive when I am on WinXP??
Yes, you can access. But some of the programs which you've installed in Win 7 won't work properly in XP.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you want simultaneous access to both OSes or evn more use visualization softwares like VMware / Virtualbox.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You can run some portable applications using POSIX environments such as MinGW or Cygwin.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
anyone please provide steps , how to use physically installed OS on another OS virtually.....

follow the link provided below and if it's your first time you can try some bootable linux distro like ubuntu instead of windows OS.

ankush28

Bazinga
BTW You can try Windows XP mode! Much faster and directly by Microsoft. Don't ask for link just google it.

Top Bottom