Is it just me or...

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
...does anyone's browser scrolls down automatically just for people to see that Galaxy tab ad below? I am also got some survey pop-up as well.

clmlbx

Technomancer
On which Website Exactly. try using ccleaner (clean all cookies, caches and everything ) and also scan for Malware. Which Browser are you using?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
...does anyone's browser scrolls down automatically just for people to see that Galaxy tab ad below? I am also got some survey pop-up as well.

Yeah.. it's TDF's new strategy to attract customers to their ads.
And it sucks.

I don't use Ad-block extension, just so to support my favorite forum. But if they do this kind of intrusion to my surfing habit, I won't like it. :x

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ really, I am using adblock and all so I didn't even noticed and I am happy it is not annoying me

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The Ad seems to have gone currently.
But If I ever see that again, I would HAVE to turn on the ad block extension.

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Its gone now. Adblock plus is enabled but for some reason it did auto scroll to the bottom. When I disabled it I found out that its samsung ad. Even when you refresh or open the forum in the new tab, you do not get the same ad. But when you open the browser and go to the forums, it auto-scrolls to the bottom. Not cool from Digit's end even if people are not using Adblock plus.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Its gone now. Adblock plus is enabled but for some reason it did auto scroll to the bottom. When I disabled it I found out that its samsung ad. Even when you refresh or open the forum in the new tab, you do not get the same ad. But when you open the browser and go to the forums, it auto-scrolls to the bottom. Not cool from Digit's end even if people are not using Adblock plus.

So, the auto scroll happens even if one uses Ad-block. And it seems we two are the only one who experienced that.
Anyway.. it seems the ad has been stopped for now.
They better do so permanently.

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Well, the ads were hosted by Tribalfusion IINM. I've already sent an email to them. I know that ad sales seems independent from the forum guys but they should keep an eye on things every now and then.

Edit: Problem exists. The banner simply shifted from the bottom of the page to the right hand side of the forum. I've used Internet explorer in this case (previous it was firefox) and I can confirm that not only it auto scrolls but also expands the ad as well. I've sent a screenshot to tribalfusion as well but its best if Digit checks it out. This problem is only happening in Samsung Galaxy tab 750 ad.

*i.imgur.com/zavUS.png

The ad URL (acc. to ABP) are:
*cdn5.tribalfusion.com/media/2808596/300.swf
*cdn5.tribalfusion.com/media/2808596/300_exp.swf

Last edited:

aniket.cain

Padawan
It was happening to me yesterday. Whenever I opened the TDF main page, the page scrolled all the way to the bottom to show the ad. I had to close the ad, and scroll up manually. I use Chrome, btw.

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Well TribalFusion said that they will be in touch with Digit siteowner and get this rectified. If this is some coding thing that digit did on the forums, then its not cool- not cool at all.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@The Sorcerer: I agree. Not cool at all.
And thanks for taking the trouble to write them mails! Much appreciated.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think anything was changed or even touched in the last two weeks.

You see, the ad servers keep on messing around on their end which can have an effect on how adverts are displayed here.

Top Bottom