Is it illegal????

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpindia

Broken In
hi...I just wanna knw is it illegal to access others email account using the forgot password feature.....i hacked accounts of few of my frnds using this....

70% of the answers to secret question could be get frm orkut profiles....

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
This is not hacking dude.And I don't think it can be proved it is illegal.

BUT BUT BUT It is highly unethical dude.It's like some crazy postman reading all your mails before he delivers them to you.

OP
H

hpindia

Broken In
^^^ yaa....dats my point of view ... though i wont do it now...
i dont have any wrong intentions (i m just 18 ) ....

but i just want to say that choose ur secrt question etc very carefully ...specially those on orkut etc....

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Taken from IT Act 2000. Cyber Crime.

Unauthorized access

Unauthorized access to computer systems or networks means any person who secures access or attempts to secure access to a protected system.

I guess this holds true for unauthorised access to email's.

Source

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
THE TITLE remind me of SHAKIRA's song ITS ILLEGAL TO DECEIVE A WOMAN'S HEART.
:mrgreen:
anyways its illegal coz there email contains may personal and other secret things which other should not know.

OP
H

hpindia

Broken In
^^ For a laugh look at 3 of the questions:
My birth date ...lol ...
My love....
Fav color ...(tried all of them ans was pink)

:)

enticer86

Stay Silent!
lol... tht reminds me one of my frnds forgot his password n cudnt retriev it.
so the job was entrusted to the geek [me]

guess wht! secret ques? UR PET's Name
Answer? ---his name
lol

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
hmm which email-service are your friends using??
Any decent email providers will send a a new password on the users secondary email. So even if u are able to guess their forgot-your-password answers, u still shouldn't get the password.

chinmay

Journeyman
If what you posted is true then I am only wondering how light headed people are that their password is an actual meaningful word. I used to think most passwords are h69kke8994 like

most of email a/cs in world r readable by hackers....there is no ip check system in most of email a/cs service which tell u that from which ip ur mail a/c accessed or viewed ??? and email companies will not put IP system in future also.....
and nobody (hacker/cracker) publish any individual information on net...... they make information database and sell to the companies ppl or to the security companies...it all happens ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom