is it fine to install any OS from a RW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

*GandaBerunda*

Drool!...Vista
i am going to install ubuntu from a RW...is that fine? will there be any glitches? can i do the same for all other OS's like Xp ?

praka123

left this forum longback
iMav said:
^^ its not the problem of the cd but problem with the OS :D
it was windows xp and yr is 2002 :D and CD-RW is HP C4438A :)

BTW,dont u know that UNIX(LINUX) command "dd"(disk dump) or better "dd_rescue" is used to back data from scratched/malformed CD/DVD's :confused::eek:
ignorance is bliss eh? :lol:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
o! im sorry for mis-guiding u kalpik :) my appologies to all who read my post and to all those who didnt :)

on second thoughts the possibility of a corrupt source would cause the problem due to the OS and not due to the cd ;)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
There is no problem installing one OS from CD RW or DVD RW... but some time our cheap RWs fails to write boot record, but then again that would mean u problem coming to RW it self, no hard in the OS !!!

infact for testing purpose of Integrating patches of Drivers RWs are used widelly !!!

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
iMav said:
o! im sorry for mis-guiding u kalpik :) my appologies to all who read my post and to all those who didnt :)

on second thoughts the possibility of a corrupt source would cause the problem due to the OS and not due to the cd ;)
Dont mean to pick up a fight.. But going by your logic, it could even be the fault of bad SMPS / RAM / Hard Disk etc.. And what makes you think that linux mirrors distribute corrupt ISOs?

NucleusKore

TheSaint
*GandaBerunda* said:
i am going to install ubuntu from a RW...is that fine? will there be any glitches? can i do the same for all other OS's like Xp ?

I think the original reason for this thread being started has been lost.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
kalpik said:
Dont mean to pick up a fight.. But going by your logic, it could even be the fault of bad SMPS / RAM / Hard Disk etc..
could be could be not :D u said that it coudlnt be the fault of the OS so i said a corrupt file in the OS can cause the problem thas all :)
kalpik said:
And what makes you think that linux mirrors distribute corrupt ISOs?
not the distro uploaded but the the 1 downloaded its not something rare that files downloaded turn pout to be corrupt or not completely downloaded (not the fault of the source but the ISP) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom