Is it DVD-R or DVD-RW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
I bought a DVD MoserBaer 8.5 GB Double Layer.

It has written:
MB 8X DVD+R 9 DL/SS/8.5 GB/420min.

At the bottom it has also written in Black RW DVD+R DL

Now, Is it a Once write or RW ?

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
emailaatif786 said:
Are you Sure?
:) Telling you that it costs Rs 140.
THAT Should'nt go in Vain!

It is a DVD+R i guess. I buy Reno-tech for Rs 15 and it has same DVD+R written on side and RW written below. I guess they have one DVD Label Printer :D

OP
emailaatif786

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
It is a DVD+R i guess. I buy Reno-tech for Rs 15 and it has same DVD+R written on side and RW written below. I guess they have one DVD Label Printer :D
Yeh, I have that RW also written on LG DVDWriter.
They write +R, -R, and then at bottom RW? Are they MAD?

What is +R and -R?

And tell me now, is that DVD RW?

CA50

Cyborg Agent
+R and -R are two different formats of DVD. They are not compitable with all
DVD writters.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
well buy a rw disk and try to butn on that then try again it itdoesn't work then obviously I'm wrong.

OP
emailaatif786

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
I actually want to burn Fedora 7 on it. First I will burn 1Kb file on it, keeping it MULTI SESSION DVD. Then I will burn Fedora 7 on it, but will then Fedora Burn successfully? Will it BOOT on "Continued MULTI SESSION DVD"?

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Well very few DVD writers support dual layer Rewritable DVDs so if ur DVD writer which surely does not support dual layer Rewritable DVDs reads these DVDs then its DVD +R DL only.And i have confirmed it as i myself got into the same problem when i bought 5 Dual Layer Verbatim DVDs from here at digit bazaar.

dabster

In the zone
Why don't you just check with Nero Infotool. will give complete detail with compatible writing speeds and all other info.
And that's the simplest way to be sure...

palito

Broken In
emailaatif786 said:
I bought a DVD MoserBaer 8.5 GB Double Layer.

It has written:
MB 8X DVD+R 9 DL/SS/8.5 GB/420min.

At the bottom it has also written in Black RW DVD+R DL

Now, Is it a Once write or RW ?
wat was the price like ?

OP
emailaatif786

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
palito said:
wat was the price like ?
Rs 140

On DVD outer Plastic Case, it is written 8GB DL +R
But on DVD, it is written RW.

dabster said:
Why don't you just check with Nero Infotool. will give complete detail with compatible writing speeds and all other info.
And that's the simplest way to be sure...

Nero info Tool cannot give details on it!

Last edited:

dabster

In the zone
emailaatif786 said:
Rs 140

Nero info Tool cannot give details on it!
Can't see any reasons that why you unable to check the media type by Nero Infotool, seems that you bought some special kind of disk which nobody can make out, what it is ...? :D
Whatever...,, see the Image. iT clearly tells that it is a single layer DVD+R Media.

OP
emailaatif786

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
dabster said:
Can't see any reasons that why you unable to check the media type by Nero Infotool, seems that you bought some special kind of disk which nobody can make out, what it is ...? :D
Whatever...,, see the Image. iT clearly tells that it is a single layer DVD+R Media.

But, you are finding info of a 4 GB DVD, but I am telling of 8 GB DVD.
Insert fresh(UNWRITE'ble n moserbaer) 8GB DVD in drive, and use Nero InfoTool, and take n Post Screenshot all the results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom