Is HP DV5-1015tx or Dell XPS M1530 Better Choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acewin

Point Blanc
nitansh people have already mentioned whatever you have asked.
>>battery life is same as Dell normal 6-cell battery. Better 9-cell battery is little costlier this is for Dell and HP both, in Dell you can change to 9-cell. Same we suggest for HP ask them to change to 9-cell battery if you can pay the extra bucks.
>>Keypad is good
>>OS is pre-installed on the HDD (you can consider it a con if you wanna change OS, you will loose Vista, that is what I think)
>>pros is the config and cons is also the same.
P7350 proccy is coolest core 2 Duo proccy
very good GPU 9600GT M, biggest pro and biggest con as such good GPU also generates good heat. you should really read the thread for what others have said. coolmel just commented on his 1 month old HP lappy. This will happen in Dell XPS also,

nitansh

TECHNOHOLIC..............
nitansh people have already mentioned whatever you have asked.
>>battery life is same as Dell normal 6-cell battery. Better 9-cell battery is little costlier this is for Dell and HP both, in Dell you can change to 9-cell. Same we suggest for HP ask them to change to 9-cell battery if you can pay the extra bucks.
>>Keypad is good
>>OS is pre-installed on the HDD (you can consider it a con if you wanna change OS, you will loose Vista, that is what I think)
>>pros is the config and cons is also the same.
P7350 proccy is coolest core 2 Duo proccy
very good GPU 9600GT M, biggest pro and biggest con as such good GPU also generates good heat. you should really read the thread for what others have said. coolmel just commented on his 1 month old HP lappy. This will happen in Dell XPS also,

Thanx for ur reply. U have cleared my all doubts & i think i will go for it. But while reading its review in Notebookcheck.com, they said it is not good for using it in outdoors, can u please check this? Because i have to use this laptop in college, that means many times i have to use it outdoors also.
Once again thank u for ur reply.

acewin

Point Blanc
well this lappy would need good cooling environments, I think that is what they meant by saying outdoors.
I am using a compaq 6510b, it does not generates much of heat. hence I use it too bad, putting it everywhere, but when heat sinks get covered with dust due to my negligence it also gets heaten up(do not have an AC in my home).

Hence I say again you will have to keep it in cooler areas for long usage per day. otherwise buying a heat sink docks for laptop would be good.

JimmyJ

Right off the assembly line
Thats a real good buy, congrats man :)

Hey lucky you, got a good set of gifts, are we able to select what can be the gift? And do we have to bargain a lot?

Also any idea if there is a 12 cell option and the price. This laptops on con is its low battery. The battery doesn't look similar to the Dell XPS 1530. If I erember the dell has a 65 whr battery while HP has it in the range of 45- 50 not sure

When working in outdoor one more thing to look is the glare and how much the images can be seen on the screen. There where comments mentioning that the Infinity screen adds to a lot of reflection.

So is the screen the Infinity? Also what is the resolution of the screen

razial

Broken In
Hi to all,

i know a few details about hp , so sharing with u all

as of the preinstalled os, hp is not providing os cds but there is a program in recovery manager in all programs that allows to write recovery cds,
if u have formated and didn't created discs, simply call to tech support of hp, they will send it to u for free (one copy only)

as op the warranty issue, it comes with default offsite one year warranty, u have to go to service center

as of loading xp , pleaseeeeee tell me someone has installed xp on this notebook,
if yes please tell me how u have installed,
i mean to say please provide the sata ahci controller driver link
i tried with no of sata drivers but not sucessful

AshwinDR

Broken In
Hi Guys,

As most of you are asking for a brief look at this laptop, ill get some snaps of the same and share with you.

As far as the image of the webcam is concerned its very decent. I have even checked the TV tuner card for the same. Its quite good too.

Anyways would post a review of the lappy with some snaps in few days

Regards
Ashwin

Boot_Comp

Hi,
Where can we get this laptop in Bangalore? And is there any difference in the prices depending on the shops?

OP
unni

unni

In the zone
I bought it from Croma in M.G. Road on 24th August. At that time, it was available in Computer Planet in MG Road and 2-3 HP Shops in & around Madiwala (in addition to Croma). In all these shops, the price difference was about 500 Rs. (with Croma being the lowest @ 64,999). In addition to this 500 Rs. difference, 2 or 3 shops said that they will have a 1.5 - 2% service charge if you use credit card. The main reason I bought from Croma was because of the 2 year extended warranty (making total 3 years) for an extra 3800 Rs.

Boot_Comp

Thanks for the info.
I asked yesterday at Staples and they quoted 63,900/- for this model.

Also they told me that I can extend the warranty anytime during the first year for another 2 years. Has anyone done this or know it that is possible for HP laptops?

panamega

To owners of 1530 and dv51015 tx : A few benchmark numbers from some of the more demanding games today would be very helpful for the rest of us to reach a decision between the two :)

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
my vendor out here is offering me a HP DV6767TX for 50k.
config:
C2D T5550 1.83GHz,2MB L2
3GB DDR2 667
250GB hdd
DVDrw
8400m GS 256MB
15.4" widescreen display and the rest as usual.
is it a gud deal?
For detailed config check here

ran FC2 at medium settings,no HDR and got bout 3+ fps.
3DMark06 score was 1882.

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ yup that i know.min is a 8600m GT or 9500m GT.but all i wanna know is that is 50k a good deal 4 that lappy or sud i consider somethin else.i wanna keep it as low as possible (the price), cuz i dont hav much mponey left after pc upgrades and buying a psp.

acewin

Point Blanc
no not that a good deal.
Check another model Compaq Q45-137, its better than this one, and is lesser priced now I think,

as I checked in stabples today it was priced something 46K

Last edited:

tusharlad

Down to Earth
This thread has put me too in a great confusion
I have made my mind to purchase DELL XPS 1530 again ( I had purchased it in May 08 )

I would have to think again before deciding.

Thanks a lot to all of you

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^^ yup that i know.min is a 8600m GT or 9500m GT.but all i wanna know is that is 50k a good deal 4 that lappy or sud i consider somethin else.i wanna keep it as low as possible (the price), cuz i dont hav much mponey left after pc upgrades and buying a psp.

seriously, if you play lot of games, get a gaming desktop instead. For 50k, you can only get a decent laptop that will be able to play games at medium setting for maybe 6 months after that it won't be able to play much games.

But for same amount you get one hell of a desktop.

If you want good gaming laptop, you need to get something like DV5 with 9600M GT.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ i think i've somewat of a gaming desktop (plz read my siggy).

i know its not even mid-end gaming system but i cant afford anything more than this now.Corei7 planned in Jan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom