Is FEAR worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan

In the zone
if ur PC has a low config and u can't play it with all the eye candy on... and if you have to compromise on few settings... just turn down the eye candy and rev up the physics calculations. set the physics on the highest setting and turn down the eye candy to viewable levels. That's coz you'll get eye candy like F.E.A.R in many games.. but the physics and the AI is something that you gotta see to believe. -rohan :D

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
rohan said:
if ur PC has a low config and u can't play it with all the eye candy on... and if you have to compromise on few settings... just turn down the eye candy and rev up the physics calculations. set the physics on the highest setting and turn down the eye candy to viewable levels. That's coz you'll get eye candy like F.E.A.R in many games.. but the physics and the AI is something that you gotta see to believe. -rohan :D
cool will try it...
btw fear and doom3 hav diff game engines right??

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Doom3 sports the Doom3 engine by id Software. FEAR sports the Jupiter EX engine from Monolith, so yeah, they have different game engines. Other games that use the Doom3 engine include Quake 4, Prey, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and Return to Castle Wolfenstein 2. Condemned: Criminal Origins uses the Jupiter EX engine.

Third Eye

gooby pls
sports ?or supports ?
In my opinion fear is the best game,awesome graphcs and sound,gr8 gameplay value.

As about doom3,whenever i play,i scared because of it's horror type environment,it's gameplay value is crap but graphics are awesome.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
you are just not understanding, for a noob(withou addirional tweaks that is)

a 2.4 non ht + 512mb + fx 5600/5700 will end up playing FEAR at 800*600 everything or almost everything at lowest settings. fx 5200 with 256mb just won't do it

rather buy a new gpu

Stalker

Padawan
@tech_mastermind
i found FEAR more scarier than Doom 3..............Doom3 became more of an action rather than a horror game towards the end

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
Stalker said:
@tech_mastermind
i found FEAR more scarier than Doom 3..............Doom3 became more of an action rather than a horror game towards the end
Doom 3 is initially pretty scary, l8r u r aware of the way the enemy attacks so there is no fun...AI is the main prob

rohan

In the zone
hmm.. FarCRy am longing to play that. Too costly for my pocket.. so waiting for the demo.. just hoping some friend has got it. can't download it on a dialup ...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Why nyone's mentionin bout Painkiller. That too was a gud game with gud gameplay, graphics nd physics too[havok].
Dun like FAER much. From my opinion Q4 was better. Maybe the FEAR guys has used some heavy graphics engines, buy Q4 looks better. Will try prey demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom