Is FEAR worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blademast3r

In the zone
Hi guys
i recently tried fear demo on my comp...it gave bout 40 fps at low settings...now basically i want to ask the ppl who hav played the game whether it is worth buyin the game???
how good is it?

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
I finished playing the game in about six days time.
Ultimate Graphics,Great AI of enemies and spectacular weapons are some of the great features of FEAR:smile:
Enjoy the thrill of FPS

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Doom3 didn't have any story, i don't know abt prey haven't played it yet.

FEAR is awesome . AI is the best ever in a game graphics are cool.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
FEAR is really good but scary.
Secondly I think even the min RAM is 512mb and a radeon 9600. You will have a hard time playing on any settings with that PC.

Now why did you have to make him feel bad about his machine!! all he asked for was how is FEAR as a game, not if his machine could handle it well or not.

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
MakeWayForTheBadGuy said:
Now why did you have to make him feel bad about his machine!! all he asked for was how is FEAR as a game, not if his machine could handle it well or not.
well i tried the demo....it works pretty well at min settings...

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Impossible.

When the game itself suggests a min of 256mb and radeon 9600. There is no way you will be able to run acceptably on that system.

Last edited:

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
MakeWayForTheBadGuy said:
Hello MakeWayForTheBadGuy,

Please do not take any offence at my reply as none is intended.

I tried to play FEAR on:
PIV 2.4Ghz
Mercury mobo based on Intel 845GVM chipset
GeForce6200 AGP 256mb
1GB DDR Ram (512x2)
160gb HDD
and I can tell you that it JUST ABOUT played in Min settings but it was EXTREMELY painful and did not enjoy it one bit and I too am pretty confident that it would not play on Blademas3r's system . Also from my little experiance (PIII days till now) usually most demo's do work on low end configs but when I bought "system demanding" full version games based on how "well" the demo worked they never worked...at least for me.

Although Akshay gave "unsolicited" advice to Blademas3r, I feel that it was relevent because if Bladebas3r is going to buy a "system demanding" an expensive game costing Rs.1300/- based on the answers that he'd get from the forum members it would be unfair not to mention that his system may not paly that game...especially keeping cost factor in mind.

Spending Rs.1300/- on FEAR and try to play on a system which does not work properly makes no sense whatsoever, especially when one can get a entry level gfx cards e.g. 7300LE 256mb for Rs.2600/- which can play FEAR at acceptable settings besides being able to play many games which GeForce5200 card cannot!

Also in a forum like this there is no room for someone "feeling bad" that their system is not upto the mark to play a new game...because that is going to happen to alomst all of us pretty much every other month due to the extremely demanding latest games...besides giving additional info relevent to someones post is always helpful if not "educational".

Once again no offence intended.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
i finished FEAR last month. initial few levels i liked it, but soon it became monotonous, are the levels are same. yes the graphics, techonology are other things are really good, enemy ai is superb. hey i finshed HL2 last eve. will start episode 1 in few days.

runeet

Broken In
FEAR is definitly not worth I mean if anybody can aford the hardware to run all the eye-candy of the game then by all means go for it otherwise the level design and start to get to you, I finished it the first time and started playing it for the second time and it was like totally boring, also the story is so damn confusing, those dream sequences are the most unecessary part of the entire game.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
^ Amen. FEAR shouldn't be played because someone tells you its scary. Because its not. Not in the least bit. However, what you SHOULD play FEAR for is the visceral experience. Its simply got the MOST INTENSE firefights I've ever seen in any FPS till date, and the AI is just top notch. Sure, the level design in bland, enemies and weapon design are pretty dull, and the scare factor is minimal at best, but once you get into a firefight, the game will have your adrenaline pumping through your veins like none other.

As for Doom3, meh. Q4 was a lot better, and visually, a helluva lot more stunning, but nothing compares to FEAR in firefights. Prey is great, but pretty short and a good run-of-the-mill shooter, thats about it.

If your PC can make FEAR look pretty, (at least a 6800/X800 series card) then by all means, go for it, its an experience you will never forget.

Third Eye

gooby pls
enoonmai said:
^ Amen. FEAR shouldn't be played because someone tells you its scary. Because its not. Not in the least bit. However, what you SHOULD play FEAR for is the visceral experience. Its simply got the MOST INTENSE firefights I've ever seen in any FPS till date, and the AI is just top notch. Sure, the level design in bland, enemies and weapon design are pretty dull, and the scare factor is minimal at best, but once you get into a firefight, the game will have your adrenaline pumping through your veins like none other.

As for Doom3, meh. Q4 was a lot better, and visually, a helluva lot more stunning, but nothing compares to FEAR in firefights. Prey is great, but pretty short and a good run-of-the-mill shooter, thats about it.

If your PC can make FEAR look pretty, (at least a 6800/X800 series card) then by all means, go for it, its an experience you will never forget.

Welcome back to forum :) after months !

Stalker

Padawan
dudes, i've played FEAR with med settings with a little shuttering on
1.6 Ghz P4, 256 RAM, 128 mb fx5200 gfx card

but 4 that i had to come up with my own FEAR tweaks
Refer
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34121&page=2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom