Is der anyway installing a application in any one windows(7 or xp) and making it wrk?

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by roonie, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roonie

roonie New Member

I have windows 7 and xp...
    I wanna know like is der anyway installin a software in one windows and making it work in both..I dont wanna waste space like installing in both windows like games too

2. Krow

Krow Crowman

Re: Is der anyway installing a application in any one windows(7 or xp) and making it

I once ran some vista 32bit apps in a side-by-side installed Vista x64.. I dunno about your specific query though.

3. prabhakar97

prabhakar97 New Member

Re: Is der anyway installing a application in any one windows(7 or xp) and making it

Most of the apps work. But some won't work, especially those which store some vital info in the Registry while installing.

4. toofan

toofan Active Member

Yes for me also Most of the applications works. But some totally refuse to do so.

I too interested in this question. As I want One anti virus to run in both OS. So that I don't had to update my anti virus two times.

5. ravi_9793

ravi_9793 TechTin.com

6. vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna New Member

@Toofan, If you are in Windows 7 as your primary operating system and if your Micro Processor Supports Intel VT-X or AMD-V. You can download Microsoft Virtual PC and Microsoft Windows XP RC for Windows virtual PC and start work. It is like your XP is double click away from the desktop. So, if any application is not working for you on 7, this mode may come in handy. But you can't use an application in multiple operating systems without installing on one. Even though you have managed to run.. Your configs will be restored to default and in games you won't be able to load your save files.

7. sakumar79

sakumar79 Active Member

With some applications, you can install the program in both Win 7 and in XP at the same location (so, registry entries and user settings are separate, but program files are in common location). The problem will come when you uninstall only, but you can use a registry cleaner for that...

Arun

8. toofan

toofan Active Member

Thanks Vamsi. It mean that I can't make one antivirus to run on both. Means all the real time protection I get with my Avast and spybot will be not available on the secondary one.

9. OP
    OP
    roonie

roonie New Member

Thanks arun..
    If you know any application which does pl give link tat wud be helpful to be many...
    And pl tel the application which allows to run xp and win 7 at the same time just like by minimisin and shiftin

10. sakumar79

sakumar79 Active Member

You should be able to do that with most smaller software without problems... With bigger programs, it will be mostly trial and error to find out.

In Win7, you should be able to install virtualization software like Virtual PC through which you can call up Win XP...

Arun

11. OP
    OP
    roonie

roonie New Member

thanks sakumar...For win 7 i wil use virtual pc...For xp is der any programs for bootin win 7 simultaneously?..if der pl name the soft

12. chesss

chesss mera kutch nahi ho sakta

^^virtual pc works in xp too
    this should be quite doable with a simple Symlink .

13. OP
    OP
    roonie

roonie New Member

^^thanks...One thing...if windows virtualization technology not available then we cant run virtual pc uh?...bec mine not supported

14. toofan

toofan Active Member

How to do that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.