Is dedicated nvidia GPU for PhysX is needed when using R9 270X as main GPU???

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hai,

I want to know whether a dedicated nvidia GPU for PhysX is needed when using R9 270X GPU as games like Borderlands 2, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham Origins, Witcher 3 and Assasins Creed 4: Black Flag are using PhysX.So I thought that Zotac GT 630 2GB Synergy Edition for 4k is sufficient. I really don't know how to enable or use nvidia GPU while using AMD GPU as the main GPU. Are there any MODS or special drivers to enable PhysX which run in tandem with AMD GPU.I simply install PhysX software for certain games to run as they need it. Do we have to install the nvidia drivers along with AMD drivers or just PhysX drivers are sufficient? Please suggest me in this regard as well as clarify the above doubts.

Thanks & Regards,
bavusani

PhysX works with any processor; be it Intel, Nvidia or AMD, and is optimized for Nvidia GPUs. The PhysX performance difference between an Nvidia processor and a non-Nvidia processor is drastic. AFAIK, you won't get any game changing effects with PhysX enabled (correct me if I'm wrong).

ASHISH65

Technomancer
PhysX works with any processor; be it Intel,Nvidia or AMD, and is optimized for Nvidia GPUs. The PhysX performance difference between an Nvidia processor and a non-Nvidia processor is drastic. AFAIK, you won't get any game changing effects with PhysX enabled (correct me if I'm wrong).

Nvidia also manufacture processor ?? :lol: you mean gpu processor

PhysX adds extra visual effects in games :)

snap

Lurker
i think he is asking how to use nvidia graphics card for physx along side Amd 270x. For physx, nvidia cards are necessary right?

snap

Lurker
damn it is understandable if hybrid PhysX is not supported but locking PhysX processing capabilities when amd card is detected!. I hope the OP got his answer

saswat23

Human Spambot
Ask forum member 'Cilus', he has used separate PhysX card and will help you out with your queires.

flyingcow

Shibe
Imo not worth it to spend 4k on a gpu for physX also your psu should be able to handle that...better buy some more games

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I have noticed in Borderlands 2 that while using my AMD GPU also I noticed the same PhysX type rendering but I have never seen the difference between nvidia & AMD GPU rendering of PhysX.

I have noticed in Borderlands 2 that while using my AMD GPU also I noticed the same PhysX type rendering but I have never seen the difference between nvidia & AMD GPU rendering of PhysX.

The only difference in PhysX being processes by an Nvidia processor and an AMD/intel processor is the speed. Nvidia processors are optimized for it and process it fast whereas others are not.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The only difference in PhysX being processes by an Nvidia processor and an AMD/intel processor is the speed. Nvidia processors are optimized for it and process it fast whereas others are not.

So AMD also renders PhysX but nvidia are optimised for speed where as AMD is not. This is the difference right. So I do not have to add a dedicated GPU for PhysX as even AMD can render it right.Thanks buddy.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

really? so you're implying that you could enable phyx option in BL2 using in AMD gpu?, because i know people , a LOT of people who could not.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
@OP: really?? and after all this you ask this question?? :|

dude, Physx is a dead tech. it does nothing apart from some eye candy, that too, something we can do without. :p

really? so you're implying that you could enable phyx option in BL2 using in AMD gpu?, because i know people , a LOT of people who could not.

:D
:lol:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
So AMD also renders PhysX but nvidia are optimised for speed where as AMD is not. This is the difference right. So I do not have to add a dedicated GPU for PhysX as even AMD can render it right.Thanks buddy.

What ?? it is not possible

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
while using an AMD card only all the physx processing [ if there's any needed by the game ] is done by the cpu alone or the game engine will just keep Physx disabled.

while using an AMD card only all the physx processing [ if there's any needed by the game ] is done by the cpu alone or the game engine will just keep Physx disabled.

Thanks for mentioning this. I thought that AMD GPU's can also process PhysX but not as fast as Nvidia GPUs.

flyingcow

Shibe
so if i use a powerful amd proccy(intel or amd) +gpu(amd) i would get same physx tech as if i were using an nvidia gpu?

Top Bottom