Is Corsair GS 600 psu A good One for my rig?

Vamsisd

Broken In
Intel Core i5-2500k
Asus P8P67 pro
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600(4gb x 2)
Sapphire Radeon Hd 7950(Most Probably :mrgreen: )
Hp Dvd Burner--NO bluray.
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
I've pretty much exhausted my Budget--Hope the GS 600 is good one.
Another one--I'm Not interested in adding another gpu.only one.

And thank You! for Helping!:)

Yep its enough if you are not going to overclock seriously, a TX 850 would be a good choice if you are into heavy overclocking.

koolent

Youngling
Yup, its all right.. Get all the specifications after opening the cabinet and the try the wattage calculator here

OP
V

Vamsisd

Broken In
Yep its enough if you are not going to overclock seriously, a TX 850 would be a good choice if you are into heavy overclocking.

Jeez :p:-o--- I forgot.
Thinking to take it to 4-4.2 stable overclock...i wld'nt meddle withthe gpu though---it's great even at stock speeds.:wink:

Tarun

In the zone
if you are going for a 7950 then go with a Gen3 motherboard it will be more futureproof
something like Asus Maximus Gene Z / Gen 3 i m not sure about the prices of Gen3 version of the motherboard but the PCIe 2.0 version costs around 12.5k to 13k and trust me they overclock the CPU like monsters
850 watts is a overkill a 700watts can easily handle a 7950 CF ;) here have a look
How much Power does your Grapic card Need ??

*www.xbitlabs.com/images/graphics/sapphire-radeon-hd-7950-oc/31_pw-xbt.png
*www.hardocp.com/images/articles/1329684795vpA5Su85iy_9_1.gif
HIS Radeon HD 7950 CrossFire Graphics Card Review

i would recommend a
Seasonic S12II-620 620 W Rs.4500
or
Cooler Power Silent Pro M700 Rs.6800

dont worry that coolermaster PSU is safer read this
On CoolerMaster (refresh)

doomgiver

Warframe
silent pro and gold series is alright, but its not that great, there are better seasonic/antec options at that price levels

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
silent pro and gold series is alright, but its not that great, there are better seasonic/antec options at that price levels

you won't find Silent Pro & Gold series here easily. Ask for them and you'll be forwarded a diwali dhamaka package :mrgreen:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
For op's rig something like Corsair TX750v2 or GS700 is reccomended.GS700 is a cheaper option.

OP
V

Vamsisd

Broken In
@Tarun:Nice...Looks like the Seasonic one's gonna be my choice......

btw...How is the warranty service of seasonic if any problem occurs?

The seasonic one's pretty cheap(compared to others).... so go with that ?final?

And about the Mobo........Tight budget....10k is the limit for mobo....but going for a p8p67 pro........i'm sure it'l overclock the cpu to 4.5 ghz easily right? I'm even getting an aftermarket cooler like i mentioned.

if you are going for a 7950 then go with a Gen3 motherboard it will be more futureproof
something like Asus Maximus Gene Z / Gen 3 i m not sure about the prices of Gen3 version of the motherboard but the PCIe 2.0 version costs around 12.5k to 13k and trust me they overclock the CPU like monsters.

[I[/url]

Flipkart.com: Online Store

is that the one?hmm..not much of a price difference......Shld research...:p
Next upgrade very far off..... THANKS for the suggestion.:)

Tarun

In the zone
seasonic has the best warranty of 5 years go ahead :)
about the motherboard get this ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Rs.10,253
that motherboard is for 130$ on newegg which is Rs.6405 in INR and what we have to pay 4000bucks extra :( :(
Cooler a CM 212 EVO for 2k is good for a 4.5Ghz overclock ;)
Hope that helped :)

dibya_kol

In the zone
@OP,2500k is a very good chip and p67 mobo means u r looking for oc that bad boy .. :D. But i would like to suggest to go for z68 mobo. Coz u will get a backup display as well.
OC in sb is very easy, u can find lots of articles in google. But every chip is diffrent. Increase clock speed and test with prime95. I think upto 1.3v u can bump ur clock ratio. Lots of guys achived 4.2-4.5 with 1.3v on air.
Once u oc ur cpu and gpu it required lots of power, so choose any 80+ psu which have more wt and more amps .

Top Bottom