Is Bsnl really mad or are they fooling me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SahilAr

In the zone
I got my BSNL sim cut and tried to make it micro sim myself so that i can insert it to my new xperia sp,but unfortunately I failed.And then i went to bsnl and they issued me a duplicate sim,charged for 100 rs. but when i asked that stupid uncle about whether the sim is 3g or 2g,he said now a days,there's no 3g or 2g,then i was redirected to mobile specific department,i asked there too about the same,they also replied that there's no 3g or 2g...Bsnl earlier had sim specific connections,now there's no need for 128k sim!And they issued me a 64K sim,is this true?I mean can i get 3g speeds by recharging 3g data pack on a 64k sim?
Please reply guys,i really need your help.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
I got my BSNL sim cut and tried to make it micro sim myself so that i can insert it to my new xperia sp,but unfortunately I failed.And then i went to bsnl and they issued me a duplicate sim,charged for 100 rs. but when i asked that stupid uncle about whether the sim is 3g or 2g,he said now a days,there's no 3g or 2g,then i was redirected to mobile specific department,i asked there too about the same,they also replied that there's no 3g or 2g...Bsnl earlier had sim specific connections,now there's no need for 128k sim!And they issued me a 64K sim,is this true?I mean can i get 3g speeds by recharging 3g data pack on a 64k sim?
Please reply guys,i really need your help.

there is no problem in you using a 128K or 64K simcard. 3g will run fine on both .

rst

Youngling
Yeah
you will get 3g speed
But you need 3g mobile or data card modem for it

Last edited:

rst

Youngling
I have 32k or 64 k cards of Idea,tata Docomo,Reliance and bsnl
They all give me 3g speed in 3g pack.
There is no such thing that "you will get 3g speed only in 128k card"

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Firstly there is no 2G/3G SIM. Almost all the SIMs are 3G capable from yesteryears. They were prepared for this day.
And 64k or whatever k, it's the measure of SIM's internal memory, i.e. many messages and contacts you can store on it, not a measure of speeds.

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
Firstly there is no 2G/3G SIM. Almost all the SIMs are 3G capable from yesteryears. They were prepared for this day.
And 64k or whatever k, it's the measure of SIM's internal memory, i.e. many messages and contacts you can store on it, not a measure of speeds.

Exactly^^ 32k, 64k, 128k are just variations, having different internal memory. The speed does not depend upon this factor :D

antz.bin

Trying to find my feet...
@Sujay and Abhishek,Thanks for clearing my doubts :)
Now i can Trust BSNL atleast for this matter :D

For over 2 years, I used Vodafone 3G on a 5 yr old 16k SIM (Had to change when I switched to Lumia). It really doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom