is blaming islam correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i got this mail today and hought it was worth sharing ... it does give rise to a bigger question and that is islam to be blamed for terrorism?

the email said:

History has documented the following facts about Terrorism

Worth pondering over and remembering!!!!!

Terrorism
Christianity and Islam

Abraham Lincoln was shot by a Christian

John F Kennedy was shot by a Christian

John Lennon was shot by a Christian

Charles De Gaulle was shot at by a Christian

The Kings of France were beheaded by Christians

Ronald Reagan was shot at by a Christian

Dr. Martin-Luther King Jr. was shot by a Christian

Nelson Mandela was jailed and abused by Christians

Marilyn Monroe was poisoned by a Christian

Mahatma Gandhi was enslaved by Christians

Al Capone, Jack the Ripper, Dr. Frankenstein & the Klu Klux Klan were all Christians

Africa was robbed and colonized by Christians
South & North America were robbed and colonized by Christians

Asia was robbed and colonized by Christians

Hiroshima & Nagasaki were bombed by Christians

Jerusalem was robbed by Christian-Crusaders & 900 years later, robbed by Jews

World War One & Two were started by Christians

And in spite of all this, Muslims have never blamed Christianity for Terrorism.

So why then, when someone with a Muslim name commits an offense, do they blame Islam???

mediator

Technomancer
Nice question, but u missed one simple point! In all of these examples u have used the term "was" and "were". Ofcors their colonialism "was" the biggest terrorist act. But times have changed since then. If u want to term "colonialism" as a terrorist act "now" and want to punish Birtishers becoz of that, then why not punish muslims becoz of their Mughal rule in India and their acts of destroying beautiful Indian temples and scriptures?

But today we see terrorism "mostly" by Muslims. i.e extremists? Its annoys further when the common muslims curse americans or christians in some cases etc for bombarding IRAQ, afghanistan and then asking to clarify the Muslims casualties there. Why do they distinguish the casualties on the basis of religion? Did they "all" ever felt the same remorse for all those kasmiri pandits who are/were killed, americans who died in 9/11 etc?

If a muslim nation is attacked by ISRAEL or american then they "all" start criticising and cursing the foreign nation or again christians in some case. Why didn't they curse Iran or Iraq in IRA-IRAQ war? or People of baloch or Pakistan in the tension between balochistan and pakistan? Coz their is no other religion present except ISLAM or a NON-ISLAMIC nation to curse?

Do u know more than half of the Americans and Britons condemned their leaderships actions in Iraq?

Its not that the world is hating the Muslims becoz of ISLAM, but becoz the tensions start arising becoz of their practices of demanding sharia wherever they go.

If they want to live in a country then they shud live by their rules and not start demanding some special priviledges for themselves thinking of which the INDIAN democracy has been mocked to an unlaughable limit!

Its becoz of the common practise of "some" maulanas and clerics that start issuing fatwas against liberal Muslims when some start talking against ISLAM. Many a times order was passed by extremists to kill them which we see commonly now becoz of which they start living in exile.

Here's a link that reflects the anger!

I respect all religions equally, but it "is" the reality that cannot be ignored!

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
but the glaring fact is that its muslims (islam) v/s the west (christians) ... and countries like india are caught in the middle :(

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Its not the the religeon ISLAM is bad its that terrorists who believe in ISLAM are bad.
Wo kahte hai na... Ek Machli Pure Talab ko ganda kar deti hai.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Quiz_Master said:
Wo kahte hai na... Ek Machli Pure Talab ko ganda kar deti hai.
par ek baar zyada machli gandi ho jayen toh talab ganda keh lata hai

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Nuke Osama bin laden or whoever is terrorist. Islam rox....if you know the goods of islam (there are bads though) u r gonna admire it. Just come to lucknow & you will know what Living together means. We celebrate holi together, & even Bakareid together (i love my friend's mom's made chicken)

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
great fact about lucknow is atal bihari vajpaye is mp from lucknow. And majority of the people there r muslims. I think that is the only rare place in india where muslims vote for bjp

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Yup, thats a rare case. We enjoy Bajpayi ki puriya as well as tunday kabab as well as Mconald's burgers, everything here.

U.P. has no religion politics. Infact no one gives a damn here whether u r hindu or muslim or cristian or sikh or jain.....if u do some mistake or some thing good, u r equally bashed or commanded. Ask me, I had gfs from all 3 major religions so far....:">

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i might be wrong but the world at large in large is locked in 3 wars ....

1. israeli - palestinian
2. west - rest
3. india - pakistan

2 of these are based on religion and 1s faith but the third 1 is made into a religion and faith war where as it is not

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Ya, & I hate that. To be very frank, the literate crowd of U.P. doesn't care about it. The politicians find it easy to manipulate the mindset of rural people which make a majority of the population. Thats where the cast politics works.

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
even in my school days most of my friends were muslims.
and i never cared about that.
we even shared our tiffins together (only veg.)
and we are still in contact with each other.
there is no hatred amongst us.
religion never played a part in our relationship.

faraaz

Evil Genius
It is a fact that people see what the media wants them to see. When the Hyderabad Mosque bombing took place, Aaj Tak was saying "Suspicions of Alleged involvement of Muslim terrorist group" in that little ticker at the bottom of the screen.

10 minutes later, it was saying "Muslim terrorist group involved"...WTF? No reason, nothing...I was watching the news non-stop. All the people out there who think they are authorities on Islam, Muslims and terrorism are just the spineless wimps who've been brainwashed into thinking this. Or they're just narrow minded bigots to begin with...

As for the topic, I don't think Islam can be blamed for anything. Terrorism should be blamed on terrorists. Its like saying all Hindus are racist, or all Christians are stupid...just because some people of that faith are like that.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
but the problem is that those 'terrorists' portray their deeds as they are saviors of islam

faraaz

Evil Genius
iMav said:
but the problem is that those 'terrorists' portray their deeds as they are saviors of islam

So?? Is the VHP saviours of Hinduism?? Just because someone says something, doesn't mean its true. I don't mean to attack you, as I can see that you and I are on the same page here, mostly.

Just trying to show that just because they call themselves saviours of Islam, doesn't mean that the rest of the world gets off blaming Islam for every damn thing.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well then why isnt the muslim community collectively dsoing anything against them ... if u can issue a fatwa and death threat against salman rushdie the danish cartoonist and give an honorary award to osama it gives out different signals

mediator

Technomancer
It is a fact that people see what the media wants them to see. When the Hyderabad Mosque bombing took place, Aaj Tak was saying "Suspicions of Alleged involvement of Muslim terrorist group" in that little ticker at the bottom of the screen.

10 minutes later, it was saying "Muslim terrorist group involved"...WTF? No reason, nothing...I was watching the news non-stop. All the people out there who think they are authorities on Islam, Muslims and terrorism are just the spineless wimps who've been brainwashed into thinking this. Or they're just narrow minded bigots to begin with...

As for the topic, I don't think Islam can be blamed for anything. Terrorism should be blamed on terrorists. Its like saying all Hindus are racist, or all Christians are stupid...just because some people of that faith are like that.
What the police will unearth/report, is what the media reports. Malegaon blast and now a deja-vu? Have u forgotten what the media and people were saying that time? Have u forgotten what the accused revealed? Those terrorist don't think if u r a muslim or hindu. All they aim is to create instability in our nation!

If it were to be said/true that "all" muslims r terrorists then there wud have been a full-fledged bloodblath in INDIA by now!! Again u r confusing the statement that "Most terrorists r muslims" with "All muslims r terrorists"! The only solution to this problem is that the people of INDIA work together collectively keeping aside their religions. AFAIR, there was a news that a muslim regiment in army refused to fight paki soldiers coz the opponents were muslims. Now how wud a common non-muslim citizen of INDIA wud feel? Here's a post/reply from this site

India does not want muslims to be in the army the reason, plain and clear. In case of a war with pakistan, the Indian muslims within the army might desert or refuse to fight.

Secondly many of the Indian muslims would not like to join the Indian army because if a war breaks out then they would have to fight muslims on the other side of the border which is totally against what their religion.
I totally agree the indian army is not a communalized force like the India police force. The Indian army is a highly disciplined force. But it should be clear to everyone that muslims cannot be part of the Indian army this is not because they hate india or the army. It is just because they think it is religiously not right to fight fellow muslims.
I'm extremely sorry that I'm linking u to a blog, but this was in one of the first results of google. If this intrigues u, then u can google for more else I'll find it for u if I have the time!! But its the truth!!

The problems like this will keep on arising until and unless "all" the Muslims of INDIA collectively condemn the paki terrorists. Some terrorists get shelter in a local madrassa e.g Rajasthan one that we recently saw, some get aides in INDIAN states itself, then do u expect the problem to be solved?

In such a case its only ISLAM that gets defamed! Have u read the link that I gave in my first post here? For improving the face of ISLAM today, muslims need to be liberal. But its sad that liberal muslims r the ones who get attacked again n again and then have to live in exile!!

One one side the Muslim unity is haunting many muslims and on the other, those Paki terrorists r mocking it like ROFLMAO!!

faraaz

Evil Genius
iMav said:
well then why isnt the muslim community collectively dsoing anything against them ... if u can issue a fatwa and death threat against salman rushdie the danish cartoonist and give an honorary award to osama it gives out different signals

Who exactly constitutes the Muslim community? Those 80 something year old mullahs? Or people like me and your other Muslim friends?? Tell you what, go out there and ask any muslim guys/gals you know what they think about these issues...

Why don't we do anything about it? Because we don't care...we know our moulvis are screwed up, and we also know that they are attention-whores...

Mate, I've had it with all this Islam bashing, but I don't even give a fsck anymore.

@Mediator: Like I said, brainwashed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom