Is avast! good enough?

Is AVAST ! good enough?

• No (There are better options, even in freeware)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can't say (Haven't yet used)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chinmay

Journeyman
maan...i hate pc cillin...i used it 2 years back n my comp was flooded with viruses on a fully updated av...secondly guyz...does zonealarm slows internet speed...and is there any prob if i use win xp firewall along eith zone alarm or shud i disable win xp firewall?

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
No speed slow

chinmay_d said:
maan...i hate pc cillin...i used it 2 years back n my comp was flooded with viruses on a fully updated av...secondly guyz...does zonealarm slows internet speed...and is there any prob if i use win xp firewall along eith zone alarm or shud i disable win xp firewall?
No, ZoneAlarm infact has an inbuilt ad stopper due to which every big ads of Flash, or images is immediately replaced by a word [AD] and so the speed is increased. Moreover, if you have the latest verion continue using it along with the Windows Firewall ( I assume you have WIN XP SP2) In the Security Center, you will have the option of choosing your firewall. It integrates with your current Windows Firewall and offers more reliable security..
-Siddhartha :wink:

kumarmohit

Technomancer
As far as I know AVg free can only detect and not remove viruses- Avast can do that thanks to Virus recovery database system and its skinnable that makes it real cool..

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i have used n number of anti-virus programs like avast, avg, anti vir, nav, kav, nod 32, pc-cillin , mcafee, e-trust etc etc ... and what i have seen is for freeware avast is no doubt the best. it is very light and has a very very good detection and removal rate. avg i have experienced is only capable of detection and not removal. for paid anti virus software i think kaspersky is best. right now i am using nod 32 (installed just 2 days back) and its quite decent i feel. btw avast is much much better than some paid software.

expertno.1

Technomancer
the pro version of avast one of the best antiviruses of the world

ranking beteween top 5

but home edition is also good

it may be betwen top 10

D

Deleted member 5901

iinfi said:
Avast is very very gud ..... jus install it ...switch on automatic updates and forget about it ....

its new web scanner feature has some campatibility problems with zone alarm .....
till such time Zone Labs and Alwil Software fix the problem u can turn of the web scanner feature ...... its fine if you turn it off !!!

cheers !!

hey avast even has a problem with sygate or something COz it seems to run properly !!!!

BUT AVAST IS ONE OF THE BEST ANTIVIRUSES I HAVE USED !!!

CHEERS !!!

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
one thing ihate abt pccillin is no incremntl update.Avast can also detect adwares...recently discovered that.Im loving it man more nd more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom