is 7-8 kbps max speed of limewire downlod????(for a 64 kbps connection)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango_cash

In the zone
hi
my config isintel 2.8gz(hyperthreading) processor and intel 915 gav orignal motherboard,512 m.b ram,80 gb sata segate hdd

have brodband connection of 64kbps.i have installed limewire.when i downlod files from it the max speed i get is 7-8 kbps.this 7kbps gets shared between all the files i am downloading for example if i am downloading 7 files @7 kbps then each one gets 1kbps.is there any other software like limewire which gives better speeds.is it due to my 64kbps connection i mean is 7-8 kbps the max limit of download for a 64 kbps connection???

T

titun

Yes it might be the maximum limit for your connection. With my standard 256 kbps broadband connection I get 32-30 kbps of max download speed,totalling all files. It sometimes also depends upon the connection of the machine you are downloading from.If it is T3 then best speed & like that. I think you know it. I think limewire has this much to offer. Wait for other software recomendations.

Vyasram

The pWnster
ur speed 64 kbps (kilobit per second)

speed in kilobytes per second = 8KBps(8kb = 1 KB)

so u r getting what u should get

T

titun

@Vyasram,thats why I get maximum download limit of 30-32 KBps (near about 240 kbps ) in my 256 kbps connection, be it in limewire or free download manager, right ?? Did I wrote the KBps/kbps syntax correctly ?? Any way to increase my download speed ? Thanks.

Thanks to tango also, your post cleared my KBps-kbps confusion.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
just for the info... according to the india gov rule... no ISP cant say a 64kbps connection as broadband... its illegal... any thing more than 256kbps is broadband...

\/endett/\

Broken In
56 kbps is dialup...so 64 kbps isnt much of a difference(only 1 kB while downloading), except that u save on phone bills

@ titun-: no, there isnt any way to get more than what u pay for,unless u decide to spend some extra bucks and get a packet compression software.

i hv 256 KB/sec connection and with Limeware pro. ..i am getting 120 to 150 KB/sec...yah .thats true...just download the limeware pro ........

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. u get 7-8 KBps not kbps ... thats eekdam ok ... 64 kbps = 8 KBps ...

just for the info... according to the india gov rule... no ISP cant say a 64kbps connection as broadband... its illegal... any thing more than 256kbps is broadband...

Hey .. not even that ... Broadband conn. should give 256 KBps (like 128 KBps download / upload simultaneously) streams .... which make only lines above 1.5 Mbps fall in the broadband category ... India sucks major ...

i hv 256 KB/sec connection and with Limeware pro. ..i am getting 130 to 160 KB/sec...yah .thats true...just download the limeware pro ........

Well .. u don't get 256 KBps conn. in India ... its 256 Kbps ... also .. man where's a screenshot ..??? Limewire Pro hardly puts in a few KBps ... and ur download speeds are infact better than a 1 MBps conn.

deathvirus_me said:
Well .. u get 7-8 KBps not kbps ... thats eekdam ok ... 64 kbps = 8 KBps ...

Hey .. not even that ... Broadband conn. should give 256 KBps (like 128 KBps download / upload simultaneously) streams .... which make only lines above 1.5 Mbps fall in the broadband category ... India sucks major ...

Well .. u don't get 256 KB/sec conn. in India ... its 256 Kbps ... also .. man where's a screenshot ..??? Limewire Pro hardly puts in a few KBps ... and ur download speeds are infact better than a 1 MBps conn.
i think it was a 120KB/sec to 150 KB/sec........kilo bytes per secs......ok.

Last edited:
T

titun

well if it is 130-160 kbps which translates into 16-20 KBps then its no big deal for Limewire PRO with a 256 kbps connection. Man killerinstinct2 your post
killerinstinct2 said:
i hv 256 KB/sec connection and with Limeware pro. ..i am getting 130 to 160 KB/sec...yah .thats true...just download the limeware pro ........

made me to think twice about my connection :shock:

abracadabra

Journeyman
well u get still more out of your connection. there is a tweak that work works for torrents at torrentfreak.com. its a registry tweak. well search some site to get a tweak for incresing the number of connections to your pc between 500 - 100. well windows by default has limited it to 8

\/endett/\

Broken In
abracadabra said:
well u get still more out of your connection. there is a tweak that work works for torrents at torrentfreak.com. its a registry tweak. well search some site to get a tweak for incresing the number of connections to your pc between 500 - 100. well windows by default has limited it to 8
Yeah, i know of that tweak that, modifies TCPip.sys...
Its useless....no effect for me atleast

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
I am getting speeds of 25-26KB/s on the same 256kbps connection.

abracadabra said:
well u get still more out of your connection. there is a tweak that work works for torrents at torrentfreak.com.
But it works only for Torrents! something which i have never used!!

Though I would suggest using a download manager. I am using LeechGet2004. Using that i get download speeds of 30-32KBps. Sometimes it goes above that.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well i got upto 350KBps for 1 day in bit commet there was some problem in sify so i got those speeds

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
not wierd the speeds of 10KBps in tata are acieved but those only short spells they are not consistent over a long period of time ...... thats what i hv seen in my tata connection

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
killerinstinct2 said:

THIS GUY IS JUST KIDDING

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
lucky u enjoy it ......... i got really frustrated with tata's net as it regularly kept on freezing and never gav me consistent speeds ...... 1 day dad used the net and realised that it was really slow so he finally agreed to sponsor my 128 kbps connection

hey when did i say that i enjoy it,it SUCKS PRETTY HARD.
See this post by me from some other thread----
Tata indicom really SUCKS HARD.
if i had come to know of this before,i wouldnt have to suffer as i am suffering today.
They promised speeds of more than 20 KB/S but i got 10 KB/S for 2 months and now am getting only 7 KB/S.AND the F...... thing is that i have paid them 2755 bucks for 4 MONTHS.I have even had downtimes of more than 8-10 days a week.Can U Just Believe that.
WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY.
May Tata indicom BURN IN HELL. F...... cheaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom