iris - siri for android

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsk11584

Journeyman
Iris, a Siri lookalike, was put together in just eight hours and is now available in the Android App store. It raises a lot of questions, only some of which as easy to answer.

Siri, the natural languages understanding app that answers your questions, is supposed to be the advantage that the iPhone 4S has, not only over other models of the iPhone, but every other mobile device on the planet.

full news here :
Iris - Siri for Android proves Apple doesn't have an edge

just now downloaded it and its cool ;)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The name should have been unique, instead of just reversing SIRI! (S-I-R-I => I-R-I-S)
Anyway, IRIS sounds better.. ;)

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Its still is in alpha stage...but it does calling,search anything,tells weather of any place,answers silly question...!!!!
Its a clever programming...putting together at least 25% what SIRI does is some serious stuff..that too in 8 hours of programming.
For those who don't understand programming...its not as easy as pulling a rabbit out of the hat...there's a whole load of complex algorithms working there...so stop bashing and applause the effort of the programmers...
when this "IRIS" goes stable its gonna rock...!

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, checked it out, it's nice..!! But I guess it needs more modifications, specially on voice recognitions. Otherwise it's not going to work on Indian Pronunciations :p

neeraj86

Right off the assembly line
android app developer had developed irirs in just 8 hours bt trying to find out in app market and looking forward for good response..

abhidev

Human Spambot
i think Google Nexus has this functionality in-built as part of the Ice-cream sandwich os...
checkout here

OP
R

rsk11584

Journeyman
please select the language to indian english then it will work still it has prob in understanding some words i told call a number it catched correctly then i told HOME it catched as POEM then after three attempts it called home ;( , but even with iphone it is a pain to always have internet connection and then start it and then press button then speak,,

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
iris can't start any app. i asked to "open music player" & it went looking for some open music player in net

daspiyush9

Right off the assembly line
Iris, a Siri lookalike, was put together in just eight hours and is now available in the Android App store. It raises a lot of questions, only some of which as easy to answer.

Siri, the natural languages understanding app that answers your questions, is supposed to be the advantage that the iPhone 4S has, not only over other models of the iPhone, but every other mobile device on the planet.

full news here :
Iris - Siri for Android proves Apple doesn't have an edge

just now downloaded it and its cool ;)[/Inteligent Rival Imitator of Siri]

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, if IRIS isn't the aap, Majel might be it!
Majel, contender of SIRI is being developed by Google itself, and I have a hunch, it's really going to beat the crap our of SIRI very soon!

News: Google reportedly prepping a Siri rival codenamed - Online Best Latest Price Reviews | Features in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom