iQuery Regarding iPhone 4S & iPad 3

Empirial

Youngling
Hi,

1) We all know that both Aircel & Airtel launched iPhone 4S in India. Now both these companies offers some Plans especially made for iPhone Prepaid & Postpaid users. My question is that if I buy a Factory Unlocked 4S to use with say an Aircel/Airtel Prepaid Sim then will I be forced to activate those stupid plans?

2) Since iOS 5 now supports OTA, Do all 4S & iPad 3 users will be allowed to install major updates like upcoming iOS 6 without iTunes?

iThanks!!!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes to both questions. But Wifi might be a prerequisite for OTA update though. trust me it is not a good idea to do direct download. 500 to 600 mb file will take quite time to be downloaded through phone. 4s and iPad 3 will support iOS 6 but same cannot be said for older models though :wink:
remember though iTunes is needed when the device is run for first time AFAIK.

OP
Empirial

Empirial

Youngling
Yes to both questions. But Wifi might be a prerequisite for OTA update though. trust me it is not a good idea to do direct download. 500 to 600 mb file will take quite time to be downloaded through phone. 4s and iPad 3 will support iOS 6 but same cannot be said for older models though :wink:
remember though iTunes is needed when the device is run for first time AFAIK.

If answer to Q1 is Yes then its very sad :(

red dragon

Master troll
The answer of the first question is a big NO.
You can use the normal 3g plans with a fu iphone 4s.
The second one -yes you can,(but only with wi fi)
To upgrade sw via 3g you will need a tweak called 3g unrestrictor(but for that you need to jb,which sadly not available atm)

OP
Empirial

Empirial

Youngling
The answer of the first question is a big NO.
You can use the normal 3g plans with a fu iphone 4s.
The second one -yes you can,(but only with wi fi)
To upgrade sw via 3g you will need a tweak called 3g unrestrictor(but for that you need to jb,which sadly not available atm)

So you mean to say that I can use any regular Aircel/Airtel 3G Plans with FU unit right? But my concern is that if I insert an Aircel Sim in a FU unit & switch it ON it's obvious that Aircel will detect my handset as 4S. Now from what I heard, if I buy locked 4S from Airtel or Aircel I'll have to choose one from there tailor made so called Money Back Tariff Plans. So will they treat my FU 4S differently from there own locked units. I hope you're getting my point.

aroraanant

Explorer
For the first question the answer is NO,
Obviously they will treat your phone differently from those which comes with their plans or can say the locked units

oval_man

Journeyman
Both Airtel & Aircel sell only Factory Unlocked iphone 4s,you can buy iphone 4s from airtel and use aircel sim & vice versa!

u can choose any 3g/2g plan of your choice!

Top Bottom