Ips panel good for gaming,all round pc

shade1

Broken In
Hi everyone ,i am going to get a 22-24 inch monitor soon .I am going to use it for gaming,watching movies,and other programs .I was planning to get a good tn monitor but now i see that good ips monitors are available,please help me choose
1)Dell s2240l
*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails...
2)Aoc i2267fh
AOC Product...
3)Hp 22fi
*www8.hp.com/in/en/products/monitors/product-deta...!tab=features
4)lg 22 ea53
*www.lg.com/ae/monitors/lg-EA53/technical-specifi...
all these are ips monitors
price wise hp>aoc>dell>lg and my budget ranges from 10k-12k
i am leaning towards the dell one as its the most popular .My primary concern is the response time
of these ips panels when gaming
Dell 7ms(gtg)
aoc 5ms (gtg bw)
lg 5ms(GTG)* / 14ms(GTG)???
hp 7 ms gray to gray
with dell i don't get the dvi port and with aoc i get an additional hdmi port.
I have been reading digit for quite a long time and one thing which i have seen is that over the years in the "Killer rigs" section of the magazine not once has there been an ips monitor listed??.Despite the fact that some cheap ips monitors are available like the dell s series,is there a reason behind this??? .Will there be any difference in my gaming experience if i buy a monitor with 7ms response time .
If i have to buy a tn/va panel then i am looking to choose between
1)benq gw2250hm
2)benq rl2240h
3)benq gl2240hm/2250hm whichever is available.
Please reply fast,thanks in advance.

URPradhan

Journeyman
After a fair time research finally I bought AOC i2369vm 23" AH-IPS panel monitor for Rs 12,500/- which has ports for your every input, including your MHL mobile. AOC also giving each and every cable for your all input types (4 input cables), where as Dell does not give even a HDMI cable. Viewing angle and picture quality of this AH-IPS panel is superb.

Newer Dell monitors also use same AH-IPS panel but those monitors are glossy monitors and I was looking for a matte finish monitor. I saw the Dell glossy monitor and I hate the glossy finish. You do not need a mirror if you have that Dell monitor :D

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
After a fair time research finally I bought AOC i2369vm 23" AH-IPS panel monitor for Rs 12,500/- which has ports for your every input. Viewing angle and picture quality of this AH-IPS panel is superb.

Newer Dell monitors also use same AH-IPS panel but those monitors are glossy monitors and I was looking for a matte finish monitor. I saw the Dell glossy monitor and I hate the glossy finish. You do not need a mirror if you have that Dell monitor :D

Congrats. "You do not need a mirror if you have that Dell monitor" :rofl::rofl:

OP
S

shade1

Broken In
The glossy finish of dell monitors was also bothering me.Should i go for an ips monitor or would a tn/va benq monitor would do??
Please reply fast.

ankush28

Bazinga
stick with Dell S2240L...(whats the big deal with reflective screen. who carry it out :)) )
>better rma
>sexy LOOKS
much better reviews

$hadow

Geek in making
Well the display problem is more with Laptops since sometimes you need to carry it out and using it in a well lit room can be a problem but with desktop monitor I would say go with glossy screen. Colours look more vivid and sharp than anti glare screen.

URPradhan

Journeyman
Well the display problem is more with Laptops since sometimes you need to carry it out and using it in a well lit room can be a problem but with desktop monitor I would say go with glossy screen. Colours look more vivid and sharp than anti glare screen.
You do not sit in a room with desktop PC without light. So if there is light then there WILL BE reflection from the glossy screen. Yes, if you sit infront of your desktop in a dark room then you MUST go for glossy screen. Its a traditional glossy Vs matte debate. Choose that what suits you.

The glossy finish of dell monitors was also bothering me.Should i go for an ips monitor or would a tn/va benq monitor would do??
Please reply fast.
For better viewing angle/picture quality IPS rules. Earlier IPS panels were lacking having better response time than TN/VA panels. But with the new IPS technology like AH-IPS the response time has became same as TN/VA panel. So better you should go with new IPS technology panels.

Glossy Vs matte is a traditional debate. Better you be the judge of yourself than others. For me I choose matte finish monitor and even my printed studio photos.

$hadow

Geek in making
Well I am using both the screens and I prefer glossy screen a lot as far as desktop is concerned and yes it is totally personal preference and would advise op to check both personally and decide.

Top Bottom