Status
Not open for further replies.

snake

Broken In
You cannot view Pdf files directly on your Ipod but can U can convert them into IPod notes here is the software for it *www.ambience.sk/ipod-ebook-creator/ipod-book-notes-text-conversion.php

And here are 2 tutorials
*www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2005/06/make_ebooks_for_1.html
*www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2005/03/make_ipod_ebook.html

sourav237

Journeyman
Dear i-pod users?

Can u give some idea abt the batteries. i want to buy a nano(2gb).

what is the battery life i.e after how many hours i'v to buy new battery. can i change them or i'v to go to shop.

and... finally are the batteries changable .

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
they are chargable and changable ... changable only by apple not by u .... abattery charge cycle of the new pods is estimated of abt 12hrs playback .... and i think they say around 2-3yrs the battery works

sourav237

Journeyman
new pods abt 24hrs playback; older abt 12 hrs.

actually i'm planning to buy it 4m US through a friend. can i face any problem of servicing or repairing or changing batteries in india . i'm 4m kolkata

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
oops sorry my mistake typo error ... apple claims 24 hrs playback i wud say around 23 ...i guess u wont find any probs here coz some apple users on this forum hav said tht apple has a very good service systme in place in india

K

krazyfrog

The reviewers at cnet.com managed 24.5 hours of playback out of the new Nano. You can read the complete review here:*reviews.cnet.com/Apple_iPod_Nano_2nd_generation_4GB_green/4505-6490_7-32069516.html?tag=pdtl-list

snake

Broken In
Battery life largely depends on ur MP3 or format ur using to play song.
If u play Higher Bitrates songs u will get less battery life.MP3 manufactures battery life test are 128 Kbps bitrates based which gives them all those fancy numbers.

K

krazyfrog

Maybe there is some sort of volume limiter (like AVLS in Sony players), which prevents accidental increase in volume. See if you can find and deactivate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

sourav237

Journeyman
actually i can't hear it properly when i'm travelling in local train. i know in local train there is so much noise . but i can hear k750i sound throuh headset.

i mean to say is the max vol in nano is lower than max vol in k750i through headset?
but otherwise sound is good.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Did you buy it in India? There is a volume limiter but I do not know how to de-activate it.

As for service, I would say it is pretty darn good.

gmanog

Journeyman
sourav237 said:
i bought a nano . but the volume is much lower even in max. volume. any user plz help. what is vol limit.

In settings there is an oprtion called volume limit, you increase the volume in it and set it at a higher level

And here are 2 tutorials
*www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2005/06/make_ebooks_for_1.html
*www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2005/03/make_ipod_ebook.html
The link provided by you can convert only text files to ipod. Not pdf files

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom