iPod Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

pickster

Professional Layabout.
I am planning to buy iPod video 30 GB version. Is it worth buying at about Rs. 20,000? & when I saw on the net, it supported some unpopular formats & didn't support mpeg, wmv.... Is there any conversion tool for converting the videos into iPod-supportable format?

hotdogXP

Broken In
For 20,000bucks I would say NO...The Ipod video battery life during video playback is real bad, my friend's 30gb ipod's freshly charged battery drains in 1hr 50mins or so when watching a movie. . How would that be when yur travelling and watching the lord of the rings or a hindi movie...

I would prefer to get a Archos PVP .... its cheaper and the batterylife is better and so is its video and sound clarity.. Only no streaming video feature but hey we dont have that service in India anyways.....

madman123

Broken In
you could also look at the creative lineup and the iriver players...the creative one's are quite good..jus don't have tne appeal of an apple

G

gxsaurav

Creative Zen vision, or Zen Vision -M is better, it ptovides more features & high battery life

hotdogXP said:
For 20,000bucks I would say NO...The Ipod video battery life during video playback is real bad, my friend's 30gb ipod's freshly charged battery drains in 1hr 50mins or so when watching a movie. . How would that be when yur travelling and watching the lord of the rings or a hindi movie...

A cheap chinese USB power adapter will solve this problem. Also, If you have a PS2, just plug the iPod into it's USB port for power. This is quite convenient as the PS2 is near the Television and I watch videos on the pod via the TV-out.

-Keith

vmp_vivek

In the zone
pickster said:
I am planning to buy iPod video 30 GB version. Is it worth buying at about Rs. 20,000? & when I saw on the net, it supported some unpopular formats & didn't support mpeg, wmv.... Is there any conversion tool for converting the videos into iPod-supportable format?

I got video 30gig, its good but the battery life sucks. :? Try Imtoo movie converter for converting movies for Ipods, which is MP4. :)

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I would recommend the Creative Zen Vision: M. I wonder if it's available in India yet but offers more features than the iPod Video. What's more, it plays popular video formats such as DivX, XviD, MPEG, etc. As has already been mentioned, the iPod battery life is pathetic compared with that of the Zen Vision: M. My roomamte owns one and he gets 5 hours of video playback from his device. Music only will give you about 15 hours.

vmp_vivek said:
pickster said:

I got video 30gig, its good but the battery life sucks. :? Try Imtoo movie converter for converting movies for Ipods, which is MP4. :)

Videora is an excellent free option.

OP
pickster

pickster

Professional Layabout.
Creative Zen Vision: M

Ok... If I buy Creative Zen Vision: M from like Amazon.com will they deliver it here, i.e., in Varanasi India? I liked the model and all but you guys have any idea from where I would be able to get a more 'Hands-On' experience?

nawaz123

Broken In
Re: Creative Zen Vision: M

pickster said:
Ok... If I buy Creative Zen Vision: M from like Amazon.com will they deliver it here, i.e., in Varanasi India? I liked the model and all but you guys have any idea from where I would be able to get a more 'Hands-On' experience?

I called zen vision dealers. They told me that it will be available in India
only after march. I asked him any way to get it early he told me He can get it but it will cost me around Rs.30,000/-. I thought too costly.

I checked from ebay. But it costs is 19,250/-. I don't know is it scam or what. Many of ebay sellers are fake. I have to pay the money first and then buy. So I hesitated to buy from. Wait it will come in India for the price tag of Rs.22,000/ approx in first week of April..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom