ipod shuffle prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcticflare

Journeyman
whenevr i connect my ipod shuffle to the usb port it simply blinks and neither the itunes nor the system are recognizing it. Even the ipod icon doesn't appear in the devices with removable media. This happened recently and befor that my system had no prob detectin the ipod. But the funny thing is that the pc still detects a usb mass storage device present and the 'safely remove hardware' icon appears. Plz can anyone help me out. I can't get my songs into the shuffle now.

goobimama

 Macboy
Do you by any chance have the "yahoo widgets engine" running in the background? cause I had the exact same problem.

goobimama

 Macboy
If it does not work on any other computer, then give it back for a replacement. Otherwise, just do a quick reinstall of windows....

OP
arcticflare

arcticflare

Journeyman
reinstall windows!! replacement is out of the question coz i had it frm US. Does this happen only with shuffles or even with nanos

trigger_happy

Broken In
Dude just open ur ipod as a mass storage device. There will be a hidden folder <sorry i 4get its name>, anyway open the hidden folder, open the music folder and copy paste ur songs into the folder called F00 or F001<any folder>. Enjoy!

champ_rock

champ_rock
try to format ur ipod...

go to the ipod software and restore it to original state...

and by the wya if u r using itunes to manage ur songs, i recommend u to *shuffle-db.sourceforge.net/

OP
arcticflare

arcticflare

Journeyman
the prob is my pc wont sdisplay the externa drive icon when ipod is inserted. And i think it's my ipod's faulty coz my bro's ipod shuffle is gettin detected properly

shaunak

Tux Fan
try connecting your brothers ipod with your pc using your cable so as to check if your cable is at fault or your i pod.

maheshmax

Broken In
you can upgrade the firmware and that would solve the problem
but remember that it is not easy to do that
firmware upgrade if proper can solve your problem or even worse
not my responsibility man
do it at your own risk

OP
arcticflare

arcticflare

Journeyman
thnx for ur help dudes but i think the ipod has died down. The pc won't even show that ipod is connectd but only displays a safely remove hardware option whenever the ipod is inserted. so the question of formattin or firmwre upgrade doesn't arise. Thnx for ur help tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom