ipod classic 80GB woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I haven't seen this exact problem anywhere... sorry for the long post/explanation.
I purchased this ipod classic 80 GB in April 2008 from Alfa Mumbai.
I have a lot files with me that I wanted to put on my brand new 80GB iPod Classic. I have updated to the latest iTunes and my iPod is updated to latest firmware

The new iPod is recognized and syncing begins like normal and files begin to transfer… BUT iTunes freezes at some random file and stops syncing. Basically iTunes says it is still syncing (but stuck on one file) and the iPod is showing the “Do not Disconnect – Please eject before disconnecting” screen. It looks to me like the iPod thinks it is done but iTunes is still trying to sync.

I have to manually close iTunes and restart the computer to get iTunes working normal again. I cannot close iTunes but forcibly removing the connector and the ipod after a some time goes into "ok...." and afterwards it resets itself. Then the ipod shows only the file which were there previously(that is before copying).
If I restart my computer then start over again then I can begin syncing, but the same thing happens again.

Here are some of the things I have figured out and done to try and fix this:
• If it freezes, the songs that it said were being synced to the iPod are not actually on the iPod.
• I have restored my iPod back to factory settings many times. That has not solved the problem.
• I have figured out that this has NOTHING to do with corrupt files. The file that it is freezing on seems completely random (I have done this about 10-15 times) and sometimes it freezes sooner and sometimes it freezes later. I also checked to ensure the files are not corrupt; which they are not. I even deleted them from the list at first when I first had the problem.
• Sometimes I get an error message from windows at the very end of the sync saying that Windows cannot read or write to my iPod).
• I have tried different USB cables with no effect.
• I have tried both of my front USB slots. I think they are both connected to the same place on the motherboard though.
• EDIT Updated windows... that did not solve it.
• EDIT Back USB ports did not do the trick either.
• I have not returned the iPod yet. If the windows update, the back USB ports and a USB driver update don’t solve it… I am not sure what else to do.

After saving a lot of money to buy a premium player, and to end up like this has highly destabilised my mind. I am very very disappointed.
Gentlemen after all of the above… has anyone else had this problem or knows how to solve it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom