Status
Not open for further replies.

Angad singh

Broken In
Hey guys i am getting an iphone v1.0.2 for 26k so guys should i buy it or not...
can anyone tell me wats the diffrence between these 1.0.2 and 1.1.1

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Angad singh said:
Hey guys i am getting an iphone v1.0.2 for 26k so guys should i buy it or not...

No, other then the good look which will fade away in few days, there is nothing good in iPhone.

You cannot change the ringtone
You cannot install application
You cannot install JAVA apps either
You cannot record videos
You cannot forward an SMS
You can however use it as an iPod.
The video quality is awsome, provided u have time & patience to convert all your existing media into iPhone specefic format.
The video quality is awsome.
You cannot use it as a Removable drive, like u can use an iPod
You cannot copy songs back to another computer once u copy it to iPhone
You cannot use it for chatting, except if u want to rely on web based IM clients.

OP
Angad singh

Angad singh

Broken In
Hey saurav..... wat oll drawbacks tou wrote are no more there these oll can be achived by installing 3rd party apps using installer on ur phone...
everything is possible.... sms , videos , ringtones games lots more..
i just need to know if sumone has used can they tell me the real diff between the 2 versions

manishjha18

In the zone
get it from dubai--12k there only--
and u may not connect to net--one of my friends phone got locked-
overall this phone is crap without net--

OP
Angad singh

Angad singh

Broken In
hey manish abt the net it works like a charm i already used that on my brothers iphone and he has been using since 2 months no problem

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
The iPhone you will buy will already be unlocked and jailbroken and will come with Installer.app already in place. All you'll neeed to do to get a whole host of awesome third party native applications is click on Installer.app and download to your heart's pleasure. Everything is absolutely free. :)

Therefore, almost every single stupid reason Mr. gx_saurav so graciously mentioned becomes null and void.

gx_saurav said:
You cannot change the ringtone
You can. For free and very easily.

gx_saurav said:
You cannot install application
You can, of course, and the applications are far better and much more easy to install than Symbian or Windows Mobile applications. Best of all, they are all free.

gx_saurav said:
You cannot install JAVA apps either
Who cares!

gx_saurav said:
You cannot record videos
Not yet but this functionality is coming in a few days through third party applications.

gx_saurav said:
You cannot forward an SMS
You can.

gx_saurav said:
The video quality is awsome, provided u have time & patience to convert all your existing media into iPhone specefic format.
Which phone plays all your videos as is!

gx_saurav said:
You cannot use it as a Removable drive, like u can use an iPod
Agreed. You cannot do that. Not yet, at least.

gx_saurav said:
You cannot copy songs back to another computer once u copy it to iPhone
Yes, you cannot and probably never will.

gx_saurav said:
You cannot use it for chatting, except if u want to rely on web based IM clients.
Ha! Ha! The iPhone has more native instant messaging clients for it than my Mac has. :lol:

All said and done, however, I still wouldn't recommend that you buy the iPhone because it isn't officially supported in India yet and if something breaks (the cases of iPhones having hardware defects have been few and far between though), there'll be no one around to fix it and it is just a tad too expensive to be used as a paperweight. :)

OP
Angad singh

Angad singh

Broken In
Thanks aryayush for ur reply.... and for that video software yes its beat version is already out which can record videos at 2mp yes 2mp man just for 5sec... dvelopers says they will soon cum out with full one...
cheers..... i cant wait to get hands on one....

hackers2005.3721

In the zone
hey pathiks whyy not 1.1.2 my dad is in us he is geeting this firware only ..... and i have heard it is unlockalbe by dongrading the software ?????????? plzzz tell me if anyy thing is worng

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Angad singh said:
Thanks aryayush for ur reply.... and for that video software yes its beat version is already out which can record videos at 2mp yes 2mp man just for 5sec... dvelopers says they will soon cum out with full one...

Why do you want to buy iphone that only has looks and good touch screen (and nothing else), with no support in India, nothing compared to N95 9Gb for 26k.

Just imagine this.

You buy iPhone for 26k and notice a problem. What will you do?

You buy Nokia N95 8Gb for same price and notice a problem. Just go to the Nokia Care and get it fixed or replaced.

Moreover, Nokia N95's S60 OS has thousands of applications and handles lot better than iPhone.

If you are so much in love for the touch interface, get ipod Touch and Nokia 5610 (or similar product). Both are slim and ipod Touch is supported in India by Apple.

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
hackers2005.3721 said:
hey pathiks whyy not 1.1.2 my dad is in us he is geeting this firware only ..... and i have heard it is unlockalbe by dongrading the software ?????????? plzzz tell me if anyy thing is worng
The phones which come with v1.1.2 pre-installed from Apple do not have any unlock yet. Your father's phone came with some other version of the firmware pre-installed (v1.1.1 or v1.0.2) and it was upgraded later. :)

desiibond said:
Moreover, Nokia N95's S60 OS has thousands of applications
So does the iPhone. :)

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
Angad singh said:
The developer says that a hack for 30 secs or even unlimited recording may be available soon.
aryayush said:
Any sane person would get the n95 8gb if it is for the same price as the iPhone.. However the iPhone may be a good option if available for around 15-16k in India.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
aryayush said:
Yes it does. But the number of apps for S60 v3 is several times more compared to those of the iPhone. And before you reply back saying that i'd rather have few good apps compared to a truckload of crap then let me tell you they're all excellent applications. Few good examples include the new QuickOffice Premier v5, SmartMovie, ProfiMail, Pdf+, LCG Jukebox, etc. Plus there are several excellent Symbian and Java games as well.

OP
Angad singh

Angad singh

Broken In
Hey man if u are toking abt apps there are awesome apps for iphone....

Hey anyone knows here where to get an iphone in delhi and at what price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom