iPhone in India : Doesn't seem possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
iTunes Account required for using iPhone

This just in....found on engadget.

Seems like Apple is locking iPhone further. Now unless you have an iTunes account you cannot manage your iPhone using iTunes
Engadget said:
In at&t's latest missive on the iPhone, they rehashed a bunch of well-known information about the device, just to make sure those who signed up for the "notify me" emails are well prepared for the June 29th launch -- though, of course, actual launch day info is nowhere to be found. At the bottom of the email, it's casually mentioned that you'll need an iTunes account to set up your iPhone. This should come as no surprise to those familiar with the practices of Apple, who regularly confines its users to fairly enclosed systems out of "ease of use" or "privacy" concerns, but anyone who was hoping to manage the iPhone and its contents with open and free (as in free speech) software should probably give up hope now and just bow to Big Brother. Or make friends with a really good group of hackers.
And just to tell you

I wonder why do we need to have an iTunes account if all we need to do is to sync my Phones contact etc?
This also takes out the Exchange server compatibility claims cos iPhone will sync only with iTunes.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
saurav .. I have a iTunes account. I opened it with a 25$ iTunes gift card. I have purchased tracks/videos etc etc.. but there are also many free and cool video podcasts available on iTunes store ;)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
Macboys, correct me if iTunes Account & Music store is available in India. I will remove this post.
Yes, it is. You just wanted to start another topic to list your stupid points bashing the iPhone. Keep at it. It is amusing for approximately two seconds.

I read that email, by the way and I am hundred percent sure people are misinterpreting it. You will not require an iTunes Store account to use the iPhone. You do not need one for an iPod and you won't need one for an iPhone. I know I am going against the likes of Engadget and even TUAW when I say this, but I am sure I am right. We'll see...

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Can you write something without ignorance.

I wonder, why do I need to use an iTunes account if I want to manage my iphone? That means I cannot sync the contact etc in my office if I use it at home, right

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Well, seems like Apple won't even let the third party developers make some iPhone Management application now.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
steve jobs thinks every iphone purchased byany1 belongs to him ... woh bole toh phone aayega nahi toh nahin aayega .... paisa mera bakki sab uska .... seriously i was eager to buy the iphone but now i guess iwont coz i prefer to have my device controlled by me and not by some 1 else's business plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom