iPhone 3G Launch Date Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
iPhone 3G Launch Date Confirmed

*gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2008/05/iphone-3g-nextmonth.jpg​

We all suspected it, but now it is confirmed: someone very, very close to the 3G iPhone launch has told me that Apple will announce their new model at the WWDC Keynote on June 9th. The second-generation iPhone will be available worldwide right after the launch, and not at year's end, as previously thought. The new model will also herald new sales policies in some countries.

In Spain, for example, the 3G iPhone will be available for sale at the June 18th grand opening of Telefonica's megastore—an Apple Store-like shop located in the company's historical building in Madrid's Gran Vía— with nationwide availability the next day or after a few hours. The other European countries with iPhone availability will have similar launch schedules. Read more…

[Via Gizmodo]

I'm usually not one for rumours like this one but it sounds pretty convincing, so there you go. Hopefully, this means that India will directly get the 3G model.

I'm disappointed by these guys leaking all this information before Apple has a chance to announce it themselves. Steve Jobs's keynotes are so much more fun when you aren't sure what's about to be announced. :(

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

I'm usually not one for rumours like this one but it sounds pretty convincing, so there you go. Hopefully, this means that India will directly get the 3G model.
I thought you would be the last person to post this.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i dont tjink thisis relevant to us...

this is for other country people..

here there is no iphone ... still yet...

and more over .. i dont think 3g is going to come any sooner...

waste...!!!

praka123

left this forum longback
^your avatar is playing with a doll :twisted: //offtopic

well 3G is supposed to be launched in madras in few months by airtel :confused:

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Didn't Apple say that 3G isn't required & eats lots of battery etc last year?
Yes, they did. As surprising as it may sound to you, technology keeps advancing at a rapid pace and what was the status quo twelve months ago might not hold true anymore.

Jobs has repeatedly said that a 3G iPhone is in the pipeline and will materialise at some point in the future. Obviously, the point will be when they figure out a way to include it without adversely affecting the other qualities of the phone.

Also, the iPhone we saw last year was v1.0. They've only just entered this field. Look at what iPod v1.0 was and what it is like today. The iPhone is also going to improve in similar leaps and bounds.

Why do you always have weird problems, that no one else seems to have, about the most mundane of issues? Does Apple have to explain why it wasn't already there every time they add a new feature to their products? :?

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
^^ cut that out. We've had enough good threads lost to Apple vs. Windows.

@pathik, awww.... come on, let mario have his fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom