iPad - Hits and Misses

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Now that the so-called revolutionary tablet is announced, I made a brief list of Hits and Misses for iPad. Do note that I haven’t put any detailed reasoning for the points I have made and will be doing this at a later point of time when the device is launched.

First, let’s look at the specification.
Specification:

Height: 9.56 inches (242.8 mm)
Width: 7.47 inches (189.7 mm)
Depth: 0.5 inch (13.4 mm)
Weight: 1.5 pounds (.68 kg) Wi-Fi model; 1.6 pounds (.73 kg) Wi-Fi + 3G model
Display: 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
Display resolution: 1024-by-768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi)
Processor: 1GHz Apple A4 custom-designed, high-performance, low-power system-on-a-chip
Connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology, UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz), GSM/EDGE (850, 900,1800, 1900 MHz)
Digital Compass
Assisted GPS (3G model)
Cellular (3G model)
TV Out: Support for 1024 x 768 with Dock Connector to VGA adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component A/V Cable, 576i and 480i with Apple Composite Cable
Battery: Built-in 25Whr rechargeable lithium-polymer battery, Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
Capacity: 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB flash drive

Looks yummy right? The most surprising announcement was Price.
Pricing:

Wi-Fi only iPad:

16 GB – $499, 32GB – $599, 64GB – $699

Wi-Fi+3G iPad:

16 GB – $629, 32GB – $729, 64GB – $829

Now to the main part of this post.
Hits:

No Arsenic, BFR, Mercury, PVC. Uses recyclable aluminium and glass enclosure.
Amazing base Price
Incredibly thin
Capacitive touch display with LED backlit S-IPS panel
Incredible web browsing experience
iWork on ipad is Terrific
Integrated ipod, itunes and iBook
Huge collection of ebooks and incredible book reading experience
Superb Processor that never shows any signs of lag
Flash memory of upto 64Gb
Compatible with existing apps
Customizable wallpaper (delight for Apple users)
Wi-Fi and optional 3G
10hr battery life

Read On

dd_wingrider

In the zone
I don't have a netbook so I will surely give a try when it hits India. What i am concerned about the battery life, if its anywhere near 10 hours as claimed by jobs, then it will be a good deal otherwise if the battery sucks then its deal breaker.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I don't have a netbook so I will surely give a try when it hits India. What i am concerned about the battery life, if its anywhere near 10 hours as claimed by jobs, then it will be a good deal otherwise if the battery sucks then its deal breaker.

Do remember that you cannot use this device as a standalone laptop.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I love apple products for their show off value....but not for its price vs usability factor...way costly in india

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
The damn thing doesn't has multi-tasking.. what a waste of Apple A4 CPU.. I'm more interested in that CPU than the i-Paad :D

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Right, but my usage will not be that heavy, some casual browsing n gaming. UI is surely attractive. I just need something easy to carry around.

With wi-fi and 3G, 32Gb of space, it would certainly cost around 50k in India or maybe more than that and this would be the ideal package (wifi,3G,32Gb space). Don't you think spending 50k for this is kind of waste?

anyways, let's wait and see when it actually comes out in the market and pricing in Indian market is announced :)

Tamoghno

Padawan
many netbooks these days offers 8 hrs of (practical) battery life . 10hrs is not that great.

at half inch its not even thin enough , netbook 3G have keyboard , higher res screen , and a proper processor to run any OS you want at less than 1inch thickness . since it can also run HD videos , i think it can do decent gaming also . so whats the point of carrying another glorified expensive picture frame .

dd_wingrider

In the zone
With wi-fi and 3G, 32Gb of space, it would certainly cost around 50k in India or maybe more than that and this would be the ideal package (wifi,3G,32Gb space). Don't you think spending 50k for this is kind of waste?

anyways, let's wait and see when it actually comes out in the market and pricing in Indian market is announced :)

Absolutely pricing is an important factor. Won't spend a fortune for something like this. Something around 35k is fine.

raj_in

In the zone
I think apple will never make it big in india anytime soon
their overpriced products are a bit_h........
you love them when gift will nevr gonna buy them...
2 reasons
1.way overprice & still with plently to desire + arrives so late.........
2.by that time evry1 is out with better priced product doing a lot more
may not aswell but pretty close & better for the price difference

Pat

Beyond Smart
Apple is not even remotely interested in the Indian market..
And why would we get the 3G version of the iPad when the 3G picture still looks blurry here..
Btw, for people with iPhones they can always tether their 2G (and 3G if and when available) and use internet on the go on iPad.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
iPhone is the only product from apple which has ever made sense to me, that too after 2 years of launch (thanks to firmware updates and Jailbreaking).
iPad.. seems pointless from day one.

btw any channel from which I can get a Barnes & Nobles nook ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom