Ipad 2 in India

wow, great news and the prices are affordable too. I feel pity for those guys who purchased iPad 2 for 40-50k or more. Thanks for sharing man.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Ipad 2 has a confirmed launch date I guess around 28 29 April. Up to 44900 for 64gb 3g version.

Xoom has a launch date of 11 May I guess and will be priced around 35k for Wifi and 40k+ for 3G version.

Xoom will be more expensive than iPad 2.

Expect Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.2/8.9 to release later but be priced around the ipad 2 mark.

Asus transformer may be a bit cheaper without the keyboard dock!

azzu

AJJU
Here the News :
It’s raining Apple news today. The Cupertino giant officially unveiled the White iPhone 4 earlier, and there are rumours of an upcoming iMac lineup refresh. Eclipsing that is a majorly relevant announcement for us Indians though – one that confirms that Apple will be launching the iPad 2 in India (and eleven other countries) on April 29.
India's got iPad 2

India's got iPad 2!

The iPad sequel didn’t include the Retina Display but it did come with FaceTime video calling and a bunch of other technical improvements, including being a whole lot slimmer than the original. Check the specs out:

9.7-inch LED backlit IPS Panel display running at 1024x768
Dual-core 1GHz A5 processor
WiFi a/b/g/n and 3G (optional)
Available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB variants
720p Video Recording at 30fps
Front-facing VGA camera from FaceTime video calling

The iPad 2 will go on sale at 0900 on April 29 and will be priced at Rs. 29,500 (16GB), Rs. 34,500 (32GB) and Rs. 39,500 (64GB) for the WiFi only models, and at Rs. 36,900 (16GB), Rs. 41,900 (32GB) and Rs. 46,900 (64GB) for the WiFi + 3G versions. The Smart Covers are also being made available, and will cost Rs. 2,100 and Rs. 3,800 for the Polyurethene and Rich Leather variants respectively.

The announcement comes as a bit of a surprise considering the original iPad only released here three months ago but hey, we're not complaining.

source : Apple Brings the iPad 2 to India Starting at Rs. 29,500

godfather_

Broken In
Check out this : Apple iPad 2 coming India this week

According to Apple(India) Newsletters, Apple’s iPad 2 will launch on Friday.

According to OnlyGizmos, an Indian blog, sources have confirmed that the Apple tablet will be available for purchase in stores such as Croma, Reliance iStore and Vijay Sales. This rumor is given more credence by the fact that Apple COO Tim Cook mentioned that the iPad 2 would be shipped to 13 more countries this week and India is widely expected to be one of them.

The blog further states that the iPad 2?s price is expected to mirror the launch price of the original iPad meaning that we will probably see price-tags that range from Rs. 27,900 for the 16GB Wi-Fi version right up to Rs. 44,900 for the 64GB 3G & Wi-Fi version.

For now, official pricing is still unknown, but as expected, Apple will probably launch the tablets at the original iPad prices, when it first arrived in India, starting at Rs. 27,900 for the base 16GB Wi-Fi only model.

Check out this : Apple iPad 2 coming India this week

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
oh yeah, I got a mail from Apple regarding this

I also got mail from Apple.Apple are releasing Ipad 2 tomorrow given in "The Telegraph".
Wi-Fi only

16 Gb- 29,500
32GB-34,500
64 GB-39,500

Wi-Fi + 3G

16 GB-36,900
32GB-41,900
64GB-46,900
*including VAT

bhautikjoshi

Broken In
Need a suggestion between Apple Ipad 2 Vs Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I have never used an Apple Product and have resisted the Iphone, Ipod touch mania all this long, all i want to experience now is the App store and the vast array of apps available for IOS.

While taking a look at Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 videos it seems like a more all round device than the Ipad2, I am confused need some suggestions

I am not going to use the tablet device for video recording or photo taking so Samsung's upcoming tablet advantage on camera does not matter to me much.

My primary use would be casual web surfing, gaming on the move is what i like and watching movies while travelling etc.

Would it make sense to bring the Ipad 2 from US or buying from India through Ebay now would be appropriate as the official price has being announced at 29,500 for 16GB Wi-Fi version earlier it was selling for 32,500 on Ebay so prices would go down for sure.

dd_wingrider

In the zone
^^^^ No matter how much I like Android, in terms of tablet it still have a long way to go. Go for iPad 2 for a complete tablet experience. And by seeing your primary usage it makes perfect sense to buy it, the amazing apps will keep you busy. About buying, can get it from US if you want, but it would just save some 3k bucks(w.r.t 16GB Wifi), if you want to take all the trouble for saving those, its fine. Might be better to just walk to a store an buy it from there, since its here officially. But that's your choice.

Top Bottom