IP ADDRESS Related

Status
Not open for further replies.

veddotcom

Journeyman
from Yahoo Chat, How can i know that Exactly from where my friend is talking to me? Is it Possible Through Ip Address, Is it possible to get his/her IP Address, And also Is it Possible to know his Location with the help of IP ADDRESS?

sting

Journeyman
first start the conversation

then type netstat in commnad prompt and view the result

see any ESTABLISHED connections .. with port 5101 or ralated ..that will the user u chating

if not get that way ..try this trick

send any file to ur chat friend ..then use the netstat command agin ...u must get his IP

then trac with ny 3rd party software like Macfee

digen

Youngling
try viewing the headers.........
What are you talking about dude? He is not asking about getting a IP from a email.

Afaik you can find the other persons IP only if you have a direct connection between you & him.
By direct connection I mean say while sending a file,you've direct contact with the remote machine.There are no intermediate server connection as normally IM chat.

see any ESTABLISHED connections .. with port 5101 or ralated ..that will the user u chating
I'm not sure about this but I believe it always doesnt have to be 5101.Right now I'm in a yahoo conf & have been connected to port 5050.Under TCP/IP applications normally connect/listen any port above 1024 which is free.

Edit:Regarding the tracing part you can always perform a whois scan & get the remote pc's ISP details.Check *www.samspade.org.
About the geographical location you can try maybe Visualroute.

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
Well U can do tht ... start the conversation now at the "command" prompt type : netstat -n ... in foreign addresses list find the odd one ... & then just copy the ip of ur frd's & there r so many websites which provide the facility tht U can me made known from where the other person would carry such tht ip .....

If she/he is in ur domain only then all the foreign ip's will have the same headers .. ok! if not then go for some website .. i'm not able to memorise the site's name right now ..but U can google it easily ..

Figure it out! man it's not very difficult ... & wat this ip does is ..it tells ur ISP name & then the following figures gives U the near abt the location of tht particular ISP .. but it might be the case tht these websites dunt have a much extensive database i mean they might give U correct location or they might not too ... it's probable try it !! hope U r lucky ...

enjoy!!

One way is if ur friend send you a mail,then you can check the source that can be in the mail option or your browser also support it(firefox has page source in view coloumn) ,or use ethreal with gimp ,i think it can show you the ip>

billyt

Right off the assembly line
from Yahoo Chat, How can i know that Exactly from where my friend is talking to me?
The problem is that you are connecting throught Yahoo Chat. To get the IP number you need to exchange emails. Then you can get an IP number from the email header. But, he might spoof the header with common techniques or use a proxy server.

Remember, that anything you can check on him, he can check on you.

Do some social engineering. Since you are chatting ask for an email exhange, or ask for his name and city. Then you can discover his IP number location, or with his name you can run an online background check to discover a lot of things like his current address, address history, criminal record, civil liens and judgements against him, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom