IP address error

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
While browsing I got this error message...

*img684.imageshack.us/img684/9389/iperror.jpg

guys whats the reason behind this?

Error: Windows has detected an IP address conflict
Another computer on this network has the same IP address as this computer.
Contact your network administrator for help resolving this issue. More details are available in the Windows System event log.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Do you have DHCP enabled?? Or you are using Static IP??

Are you sure you didn't connected another device to your network which uses same IP as your PC??

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Well it means what it says :
Another computer on this network has the same IP address as this computer.

If you are using cable services for net browsing, this can be a common problem .. You may try ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew if you use DHCP .. If you use static ip .. then someone else is trying to use the same ip on the network .. You can find the guy and beat him up .. or .. Take a new ip address ..

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Are you using a router/wifi radio device. It is assigning the same IP to 2 different devices. DHCP must be on.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Zangetsu has gone offline. ;)

Buddy after coming back provide us with more details, what type of connection do you have and other details as mentioned by previous posters.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
maybe there is some problem with the connection settings on your computer.
goto the properties of your connection (the one which is connected to the modem) and open the TCP/IP settings from there. what is there?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
So, does DHCP makes this IP conflict error?
I dont know my static IP?

You set IP's for both your systems. And then plug them into the router. Any ways, are you getting this error repeatedly. Even I get it like once in 2 months. I just switch on device off, or reboot the router. Am on DHCP too.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

You set IP's for both your systems. And then plug them into the router. Any ways, are you getting this error repeatedly. Even I get it like once in 2 months. I just switch on device off, or reboot the router. Am on DHCP too.

No I started getting this error from last week & that also once in a day...

The moment I saw this error I thought somebody is hacking my internet account...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Na, it is just your router assigning same IPs to two devices. You have the password security on right for access to radio...?

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Na, it is just your router assigning same IPs to two devices. You have the password security on right for access to radio...?

Understood....I can see the error message logged in eventviewer in detail
with conflicting IP address & the MAC Address of user to whom it was assigning...:grin:

Every time I connect to net I get a window of network group & it say Network 17 & sometimes Network 24 etc...???

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
That would probably be the network name for your router which Win7 is understanding. Just delete all and keep one which is your routers.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

see I what I m getting in Control Panel
*img197.imageshack.us/img197/3082/unledatl.jpg
the network inside Red Box are extra dnt know y?
the green box is i m connected to

Top Bottom