desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
*www.itproportal.com/podcasts/dell-studio-hybrid-desktop.jpg

*www.trustedreviews.com/images/article/inline/8285-dellstudiohybridspan2.jpg

*images.betanews.com/media/1850.jpg

*digital-lifestyles.info/copy_images/dell-studio-hybrid-lg1.jpg

starting price without LCD: $499

For $1,282 I get

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5750 (2.00GHz/667Mhz FSB/2MB cache)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Service Pack 1
Dell E207WFP 20 inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
3GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz (2 DIMM)
320GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
6X Slot Load Blu-ray Disc Combo (DVD+/-RW & BD-ROM)
Intel® Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
Integrated Sound Blaster® Audigy™ HD Software Edition
PCTV HD Stick USB 2.0 TV Tuner
Remote Control for Windows Vista
Dell Wireless Desktop Keyboard & Mouse
Dell 8 in 1 Media Card Reader
Built-in Dell 1505 Wireless-N Networking
1Yr Ltd HW WRTY, InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis, 24x7 Phone Support

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
The image is mis-leading, you will need wires for mic & speakers. :( But for $499 it is good & is nice competition for the Mac Mini.

Last edited:
OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
There will be only two wires.

1) monitor cable
2) power cable for PCU

wireless k/b and mouse
wifi.

ok....... but i prefer performance over price :D
The CPU(!) is kool, though :D

It has a Bluray drive and 20" monitor. Pefect for it's task as HTPC.

PS: This is not a gaming desktop. it's targeted for HTPC. and yeah, it rocks.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I studied it today, it is overpriced for hardware config but looks wise I M sold over it. I configured one with 20" Monitor for Rs 46k which I m thinking to buy for my home in lucknow as it is simple to use for family.

U can also buy just the CPU for 40K.

although it would have been better if Dell gives AMD Phenom with AMD 780G chipset. That would have been best

Last edited:
I studied it today, it is overpriced for hardware config but looks wise I M sold over it. I configured one with 20" Monitor for Rs 46k which I m thinking to buy for my home in lucknow as it is simple to use for family.

U can also buy just the CPU for 40K.

although it would have been better if Dell gives AMD Phenom with AMD 780G chipset. That would have been best
+1.

Like all mid to high end desktops, this too is overpriced compared to what you can build yourself.

But even if it was not overpriced, the fact that it has Intel chipset means it would mostly come with a non OC motherboard and an old chipset like 965GM.

So AMD Phenom with AMD 780G would be awssome.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Like all mid to high end desktops, this too is overpriced compared to what you can build yourself.
Just like any pre-assembled product in the world is compared to what you can assemble yourself. A meal in a restaurant will always be more expensive compared to what you cook yourself. Fixing a broken bicycle yourself will be cheaper than getting it fixed from a technician.

So what exactly is new here?

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ You can buy a bicycle for your kid with the money saved by not eating at restaurants.

You don't need a technician to repair a bicycle. You need mechanic :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
^^ You can buy a bicycle for your kid with the money saved by not eating at restaurants.
How many times in your life have you skipped a restaurant meal to save for something you want to buy for yourself? Even the thought of doing so has never entered my mind.

Please don’t try to justify ridiculous statements with even more twisted reasoning.

You don't need a technician to repair a bicycle. You need mechanic :)
Yes, you’re right. For some reason, the word just wouldn’t occur to me when I was typing that.

goobimama

 Macboy
Must say they look really nice. And if they are silent, that would make for a perfect HTPC. Although I hope they look as good in real life as they do in the pics.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Poor graphics.. else everything is good.

PCMag said:
The Hybrid was able to load both Crysis and World in Conflict, our current 3D games, but at 1 frame per second or less, both games were totally unplayable. At that point, you're not even watching a slideshow; you'd get more enjoyment by standing on your head and whistling REM's Orange Crush. The takeaway: The Hybrid's integrated graphics are fine for Vista's Aero effects, but don't try to play 3D games on it.
Soruce

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
If anyone hasn't Noticed i think Dell has made this thing up from laptop components . that's why it's so small and runs at very less power(possibly from a laptop charger).

That way the price seems pretty justified to me .

Plus i agree with aryayush on this point . Why compare everything on the market with what you can build . You want looks and a small , quiet pc get this . you want performance , go build your own .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom