internet trouble with my hp mini

rishabh

Broken In
guys i recently bought a hp mini 110-3106TU.
i don't know how to connect internet!
for my desktop there is a wire that comes from my terrace and this is connected to my desktop's CPU.
please tell me how to connect this wire to my hp mini... i can't see any such space provided in my netbook...but i am sure there must be one.

first of all, please help me to connect this wire.... then temme what all settings i must do in my netbook to start using the internet.

please bear with me..i am a noob in all this. :|

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
how does the wire look like?

*www.digitalred.com/img/support/cables/rj11cable.jpg

or

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d7/Ethernet_RJ45_connector_p1160054.jpg/250px-Ethernet_RJ45_connector_p1160054.jpg

??

OP
R

rishabh

Broken In
the first one.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

waiting for your reply...

pauldmps

Banned
Your PC has a Dialup modem in it. So you're connecting you phone-line to your PC & internet works.

Your laptop does not have dialup modem port. The port that you see is LAN port. So need an external dialup modem to connect to your laptop.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
so, you're using Dial-up. I guess.

Get a USB to Dial-up modem.

murphw

Right off the assembly line
If your laptop has a pcmcia slot, then there would not be any trouble. You just have to buy a card that would translate for a lan card. Then you will be able to plug-in a lan cable with an rj-45 on the end. But if you trust your service provider, you could get a broadband modem. This ones are cheap nowadays because of the stiff competition so this would not cost you that much. And what's to shell out some cash for your entertainment. I hope this helps.

Top Bottom