Internet sharing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEARNER_LEARNER

Fedora User
Hi guys,1st sorry 4 inconvenience.i want internet sharing .i've 2 pc & both r connected LAN,ok. 1st pc os of Vista RC1(i want sharing through this pc,i mean internet connect from this pc i want).2nd pc OS of WIN XP SP2(sharing internet from 1st pc )Plzz help guys.I'm waiting 4
ur reply.thanXX:mad:

bandwest

Right off the assembly line
U need a router to do this, if you are on a cable network who track's the Mac address, if not then 2 Lan card's on 1st Pc and 1 Lan card on 2nd Pc, run the internet connection sharing wizard.

OP
LEARNER_LEARNER

LEARNER_LEARNER

Fedora User
hi guys 1st i sayed my both pc r connect through lan.But u r saying internet sharing wizard & set lan setting 2nd pc.plzz explain how 2 setup internet sharing.ThanXX 4 reply guys,i'm wating 4 ur reply ..................:)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Setting Up Your LAN
When you have all your LAN hardware in place
1. With all the LAN hardware in place, start up all the computers in the LAN, and turn on all
peripherals (such as any printers) as well.
2. If one Windows XP computer in the LAN will be providing Internet access to all (or some) of the
computers in the LAN, go to that computer first and connect to the Internet. Remember, that
computer is referred to as the ICS host or ICS server.
Caution If the ICS host is running some version of Windows other than XP, ignore Step 2.
Instead, go to the ICS host computer and make sure it is connected to the Internet.
That is, if that computer uses a dial-up connection, go ahead and log on to your ISP
normally. Then go to any Windows XP computer in the LAN and go to Step 3.
3. Click the Start button, and choose All Programs → Accessories → Communications → Network
Setup Wizard. The Network Setup Wizard starts.
4. Follow the instructions on each wizard page, followed by a click of the Next button. Windows
can usually detect your Internet connection.
5. Just keep following the instructions presented by each wizard page, followed by a press of the
Next key, and then click the Finish button on the last wizard page.
Repeat Steps 3–5 on each computer in the LAN. If one of the computers in the LAN is providing a
shared Internet connection, stay logged on to your ISP. After you have run the Network Setup Wizard
on each computer in the LAN, you’re ready to test the network.

Sharing Drives
In My Computer, right-click the icon for the drive you want to share, and choose Sharing and
Security.
Initially, you’ll see a warning about sharing the root of a drive. click the link to continue.In the Sharing tab of the dialog box that opens, choose Share This Folder

Last edited:
OP
LEARNER_LEARNER

LEARNER_LEARNER

Fedora User
Hi brother,but i'm simply asking internet sharing.my both pc ip address:-192.168.0.1 & 192.168.0.2 && then i pinging the from one machine ok.both pc sharing files & folders but how can i internet sharing brother.ok
1st pc details
IP:-192.168.0.1
2nd pc details
IP:-192.168.0.2
REMEMBER​
I want internet sharing from 1st pc.
plzz send simply details .PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.THANXX 4 REPLY:p

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Learner try to learn, you need to enable to Internet Connection Sharing on the Network Adapter / Connection on your Vista Machine to Allow the Windows XP machine to access Internet through it.

Check the following link and follow the instructions : *www.annoyances.org/exec/show/ics_xp

It does say Windows XP but same instructions will do fine in Windows Vista as well. In case you have problems explain what you have tried and where u face issue.

Hope this helps :)

OP
LEARNER_LEARNER

LEARNER_LEARNER

Fedora User
Avashya mere bhai.AshishSharma ur provided link very good.I will try 2morrow,plzz don't mind bcoz mere laptop me bin bulae guest aa gaye hai ohh guest ka naam hai TROJAN. i request 4 u can u check 2morrow my query.ThanXXXX:D
Avashya mere bhai.ThanX Ashish 4 reply & gary4gar thanX 4 reply .ok best of luck ur future.:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom