Internet security?

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
OP just use AVIRA free edition and some logical thinking. No matter which AV you use no AV can guarantee you 100% security unless you use your own head with the AV.

Alanmoore

Right off the assembly line
Re: Internet seccurity?

@Joker
No mate. Firewall of Quick Heal is real good. Coupled with good virus engine its a good AV.

Avira is best free option available now.

Avira is not only good but if you want perfect control of your PC against viruses free then Avira is the only one.

Warning : Removed SPAM link - Don't do such thing in future or else you have to say this forum goodbye.

Last edited by a moderator:

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
hmmph :|
i was misinformed about the decleaner being a standalone on demand General Malware scanner by Avira
Decleaner is also released by Kaspersky and Norton
it primarily works against bots and was released as a botnet awareness and prevention program for servers
so don't expect it to catch every pesky malware in your pc
*www.botfrei.de/en/decleaner.html

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
a better way is to install Avira without shields. you can update it that way & won't interfere with other A/Vs installed.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ what other AV you would suggest to use with Avira free edition ?

if someone is using Avira, best advice. stick to it. but those who thinks their system is infected or some of their downloads got shipped with crazywares (spywares) & have bypassed Avast (which misses most of these spywares), then they can try Avira without shields over their present A.V.

last month i used this trick & Avira warned of Opencandy malware in Frostwire.

I'd Suggest Avira Avast 6.0.

corrected.

1 more question...how is ThreatFire AV nowadays...I had it last year...but its gone ...It was good though...but the new version update spoiled everything....any new version out ??

same here. last used around 2008-09. then Avast + Emsisoft + Malwarebytes.

Last edited by a moderator:

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
I'd go for Avast because I don't think I need to waste my money or even system resources for hoggers like KIS (I used trial version, slowed down PC, only 1GB RAM) and Norton. And only use AdvancedSystemCare to remove all tracking cookies at the end of every month. Nothing else needed. Avast runs much fine.

PS - I've not tried Avira though.

am·nesiac

Broken In
Presently using Net Protector Internet Security 2011. can I use Avira without Shield, same time? Would they not conflict?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ you can use Avira Free without shield - while installing just make sure not to install shield/Av guard and you should be good to go.

am·nesiac

Broken In
Can I use Avast free home edition along with Avira free without shield/AV guard without any confliction? Will it provide any extra protection while Using both the AV at a time?

Top Bottom