Internet Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighthawk

Right off the assembly line
I want to start my own Internet Radio Service, can anyone tell me what software and stuff I need for this?

swatkat

Technomancer
Free options here using Pirate Radio and some other:-
*radio.about.com/library/weekly/aa013003c.htm
*radio.about.com/cs/pirateradio/gr/pirateradio.htm

You can also do the broadcasting using ShoutCast but configuring it is troublesome.PirateRadio is an easy one.
Checkout ShoutCast here:-
*www.shoutcast.com/download/broadcast.phtml

Some commercial options:-
*www.jesterradio.com/ownstation.htm

S

sunnydiv

also remember u will need upload speed equal to total speed of ur listeners

ur upload speed = download speed of 1st listener + download speed of 2nd listener + download speed of 3rd listener + download speed of 4th listener + ................................................... .............................................................download speed of nth listener

flashweb

Broken In
Thanks for the info. I too thinking of starting one using shoutcast, but don't have much idea on how to do this.

go4inet

In the zone
Nighthawk said:
I want to start my own Internet Radio Service, can anyone tell me what software and stuff I need for this?

The Best is Using NullSoft ShoutCast

Visit : *www.shoutcast.com/ download the latest GUI Version and start! Its simple and effective way to go around.

flashweb

Broken In
Shoutcast can be used only with Winamp. Is there any way to start Internet Radio that can be listened through MS Windows Media Player ?

MS Media Player is available with all pc's, so the online radio can rach more people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom