Internet on the go...Which one to choose?

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Hello friends...been writing after a loooong time :))

Well,I've run into a bit of a problem.

One of my friends has got herself a lappy and was since using her Vodafone Mobile connect to surf :shock: !!

Lately,she's realized the slowness :lol: of the things while doing it with Vodafone.

Now she wants something faster.

Please bear in mind that we stay in Kolkata...

1) She wont have any wired connections. Must be wireless. Tata Photon types.

2) Monthly usage will be apprx 0.5-1GB max. She only needs to read up articles,do emails and occasionaly surf and download ebooks n the odd movie.

3) Budget is a constraint. The lesser it is the better. (She used to make do with the Rs.98/- 2G 1GB voucher :cry:).
Anything in and around the range of 300-500 rupees will get her attention.

Well,we had considered the Tata Photon Plus Prepaid offers...1199/- for the device plus the various offers,plus the option of online recharging was good.

However,I had this idea of getting an unlocked 3G USB Dongle modem(Huawei 3.6Mbps/7.2MBps?) and then get a 3G sim and get working. :)) :twisted:

Now, cud sumbody please point out to me a cheap but good model of such a dongle(must be unlocked!!)? Did have a look at ebay.in and Flipkart...Could not decide the model...Also,please point any models that are locally available in the market.

Was at a loss to decide which provider to choose from( We have BSNL, Vodafone,Airtel n Aircel providing 3G at Kolkata).

BSNL seems the cheapest. Is the BSNL service any good?

Also,I checked out that Aircel offers good value too....

Also,Aircel have this offer on dongles...

Vodafone and Airtel seem costly....

Please guide us...

Last edited:
Top Bottom