Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I've Nokia E51. Whenever I try to browse the Internet on it through a WiFi connection it always gives me error of "No Gateway Response"! Moreover i have my BSNL broadband connection but at the moment no PC so is there any way by which I can use the Broadband on my phone to get online. I have all the necessary USB and RJ-45-to-USb cables and PINs to connect my phone through its mini USB port to the modem. Please tell me how to do so! :(

MasterMinds

hell boy
i dont think like u are saying that u can connect to bb via RJ-45-to-USb.....!!!!
but u can always use wifi router to get that working.....!!!
and about that no gateway reply error, thats some sort of setting problem....!!!!

Micheal

Pro Geeks
Okay heres sumbody else (Plasma_Snake) with my problem.
I just bought a Nokia E51 too about 2 weeks ago. Gr8 phone. one of the very best ever produced by Nokia.

I too wanna connect to the internet via my Wireless LAN facility. The problem is - when i switch on WLAN scanning it finds a lot of networks, can even connect to them, but cannot utilize that connection. Neither internet is available nor data on local machines.

Please somebody help us with Configuring Wi-fi

PS: i will request subhankar that if he has the solution plz post it here for everybodys sake.

abhizone

Right off the assembly line
1.just open the web interface for modem/router config.
(By Lan not Wlan)
2.advanced setup
3.WAN
4.edit the entry with vpi/vci 0/35
dont change anything else in the settings
just click next next till you get ppp username,ppp password like fields
5.once you get it enter your broadband username and password here
authentication should be set to AUTO.
6.enable wireless from wireless section
7.save setttings and reboot

thats it now u should be able to access WLAN

NOTE :: c ur internet becomes ALWAYS ON because of these settings.

username/ passwords of your router to change the settings can be- admin/admin.
or defined in router manual.

Source: googled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom