Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 Available on Connect!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankur Mittal

Journeyman
The new Internet Explorer Beta 1 is available for testing on Microsoft Connect Here is the mail which the Internet Explorer team had send-
Greetings from the Internet Explorer Team!
We are nearing the launch of Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 and we will be making it available for the general public to download and test. IE8 Beta 1 is focused on the developer community, with the goal of gaining valuable feedback to improve Internet Explorer 8 during the development process. We have identified you as a qualified beta tester and we would like to offer an opportunity to join our limited technical beta program for Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1. Participation in the Technical Beta will enable you to evaluate a common release of Windows Internet Explorer 8, the ability to submit feedback, post bug reports, download software answer surveys on product quality as well as vote on top bugs filed by others from the technical beta program.
This is a very exclusive program, by invitation only. The only way to submit feedback is to enroll in the Windows Internet Explorer 8 Technical Beta program. As such, we would be happy to have your participation. To accept this invitation and to apply to become a member of this program, follow this link: *connect.microsoft.com/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=2038
Follow the steps shown to you by that program to apply to become an active participant. You may be asked to take a survey, or submit other preliminary information. To report a problem or to ask a question, visit the Contact Us page (found at the bottom of every page). We hope to see you in the technical beta!
Best regards.
The Internet Explorer Team
So we can expect the release of the Internet Explorer 8 Beta to the public soon.

Tech Today

The Connect link would not work for most of U,just check it out what it reads

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
It's not on my connect yet.

From what is known, the changes r just in the architecture & at this stage it looks like IE 7

V

vaibhavtek

I am using IE but think to upgrade to Firefox.

Anyways thanks for the update.

It i donot change my browser then will surely update my browser.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
^^LOL
Do you have any idea what Connect is?? :p
Ontopic: IE8 should hotten the competition up in browser wars!
IE7 was definitely a major improvement over IE6 and I expect IE8 to be the same.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
afaik its available to some chosen connect users only through invites which has been stopped now,the website has no info in available programs \ connections abt this.the link mentioned there is from some user's email who already registered with #2038 :)
This is a very exclusive program, by invitation only

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
afaik its available to some chosen connect users only through invites which has been stopped now,the website has no info in available programs \ connections abt this.the link mentioned there is from some user's email who already registered with #2038 :)

Source plz for your info.

Pathik

Google Bot
This is a very exclusive program, by invitation only. The only way to submit feedback is to enroll in the Windows Internet Explorer 8 Technical Beta program. As such, we would be happy to have your participation. To accept this invitation and to apply to become a member of this program, follow this link: *connect.microsoft.com/InvitationUse…?ProgramID=2038[/URL
The Connect link would not work for most of U,just check it out what it reads

This connect link won't work properly cos you copied it wrongly..
(yea it wasn't going to work even if it was correct :p )
And yea GX/Choto/Vishal Do tell us how it looks like when it becomes available to you.

Pathik

Google Bot
Yep I know that, But he didnt copy the link separately. He just copied it with the text so the link in the 1st post is *connect.microsoft.com/InvitationUse...?ProgramID=2038

anandk

Distinguished Member
yep, the beta will take 1-2 weeks i think. just answered the poll however... and yea even i think its by invites only. also for mvp's from particular mentioned categories only. remember reading it on the connect site somewhere.

OP
Ankur Mittal

Ankur Mittal

Journeyman
Guys I had posted this link from the mail itself so I think there was problem in the link as I use Windows Live Writer and the link is same for all but would only work for those who are invited and not for all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom