Internet Explorer 6 vs Mozilla Firefox 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
Still people give me all possible reasons Y shd I switch to firefox or OPERA when my IE with SP2 is working great :D ... give me reasons!! :x just don't keep on singing a song of firefox!! :x firefox!! :x firefox!! :x :twisted: :evil: it SUCKS!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
yehmeriidhain said:
Still people give me all possible reasons Y shd I switch to firefox or OPERA when my IE with SP2 is working great :D ... give me reasons!! :x just don't keep on singing a song of firefox!! :x firefox!! :x firefox!! :x :twisted: :evil: it SUCKS!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

this goes for both FF and Opera
1. Tabbed Browsing -- it seriously helps, its more organized
2. not being a part of windows pakage -- with this i mean that IE being a part of windows pakage can be hacked to install various spywares, one single harmless looking OK button can do a lot things
3. lesser bugs .... not being a part of M$ venture
4. lesser choice for toolbar buttons .. just look at what buttons FF and opera can offer .. it helps in better and faster navigation
5. no need to install any 3rd party popup blocker etc

Opera
1.definitely faster than IE
2.wand password manager rocks
3.opera has those Fast Forward and Rewind buttons .. which change into login in a page where u have to login next
4.opera can show all pics in a directory with Fast Forward button .. no need to click on each and every photo link ... <--- i luv this one

Firefox
have you ever heard of something called Extensions
FF extensions make it more versatile and way more useful than any other browser ...
Just try these extensions in FF ->
BBCode
SwitchProxy ( if u use proxies )
Paste and Go
DownloadWith
etc

the bottomline is that IE has less features and less security

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
yehmeriidhain said:

okie buddy i will show u just a preview of what firefox can do and IE can't :D

put on your seatbelts and get ready for the ultimate ride with FF :D :p after this you will never use dat sucking IE again :D

1) An exellent cache sytem opens the previously loaded site in an instant.
2) It's an OSS so all the bugs get's patched up as soon as it is discovered.
3) Open's the websites fast.
4) well that was theroy and it is usually boring so let me show u FF in action :D

1) Tabbed browsing: no need to open 100's of new windows to sufr different sites...
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/cooljeba/tabbed.gif

2) Tabbed bookmarks: You can bookmark you frequenty visited sites just with one click...
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/cooljeba/tabbed_bookmarks.gif

3) Seamless integration with Mozilla Thunderbird!(another beautiful mail client)
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/cooljeba/mail.gif

4) RSS feed: Get the latest news using the rss feed
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/cooljeba/latestnews.png

5) skinnable: You can dowloand the cool skins and appy to it. has an simple interface
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/cooljeba/latest_skins.gif

6) integrated search: Search google, yahoo, dictionay... just with one click adn u can add more engines too....
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/cooljeba/intergrated_search.gif

7) Displays favicons: Displays a small favicon that the webmaster has used but that IE can't display it
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/cooljeba/favicon.gif

There are more features but these are the most striking of them all..... so forget that IE and get firefox now!!!

*www.getfirefox.com
and i say again!!!!! Microsoft Internet Explorer SUXXXXXX!!!!
..:: peace ::..
Jeba

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Yo dude jeba you said it.
And DKant dl FF 1.0 u dont need to install any plugins all of them r available with the package it self.

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
oK!! :shock: people agreed with wat all U have said THX!! for ur posts i'll install FF today itself ...... but can U explain me one more thing how can we say tht FF or Opera are fast???

Actually i wanna know in wat sense they R fast ? i think the site opening procedure involves ur connection speed .... completely or else nothin is there!!! to be laid on neither the browser u r using!! ...

Tell me in wat sense they r fast?? How can be a browser be fast? I thought it's abt getting a thread from the server of tht very respective site isn't it ??

Intruder

Broken In
IE ? wat is that?

U talkinag about browsers? IE just another big bug in MS kit u get with the OS.

Its really a big hole in ur PC refer teh Chip Intelligent Computing NOV isssue cover story for more details.

I have been using Opera for more than 2 yrs. Its simply great. u wont switch back to IE. but it has some problem with the js dont woking for it.

With the arrival of Firefox, OPera is moving out .. Fox is growling these days..
Dont worry Opera fans.. they are coming with a big innovations... the Auto Resizing

Anyway Firefox is the best today. i reccomend it.. Opera.. still my fav... still the fastest.. no one runs ahead there

Try out opera and ull kno wat fast loading of page means.
U first see the whole page without the pics and gfx only the page with plain text then the frills add on slowly.
Unlike in other browsers like ff or ie wer in the page loads section by section by section along with the pics without loading the entire page of text.
one plus pint of opera which i like over others is the advantage tat u can customise ur page tabs by dragging them to loacation u want which cant be done in FF.
Also i havent seen paste and go in FF

ujjwal

Padawan
I liked [DeXter]'s equation in the "The one above you" thread

BTW ... currently using these -

Windows
Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1(sometimes in the skin of Avant)

Linux
Opera 7.54 (mouse gestures are cool)
Lynx (the ultimate)
Dillo

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
lol

BTW IE is fast in rendering the HTML pages.....

by fast i meant is dat firefox loads the files from the cahce and the new ones fro the server so on the long run using FF rocks :D

Jeba

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
BTW opera say's for gmail!

Gmail Sign In
Gmail does not currently support your browser.
See browser requirements for Gmail
or sign in anyway.

:p

Jeba

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
yehmeriidhain said:
People U r trackking off plzz plzz tell me how these other browsers R faster than IE (latest) :lol:
lol buddy just rendering the html pages dosent' make it the best browser. :lol: that might help u more when u browsing offline :p. even saving a html page in IE suxx! firefox does it smoothly dosen't miss a thing!

and did i forget to tell u all the beautiful pop-blocker that's the part of the browser it self ;)

thos lazy people still using IE go and d/l firefox and
Rediscover the web
www.getfirefox.com
Jeba

Intruder

Broken In
Sombody interested in my face!

Of course it s my face. Digital Manipulation!
lol

if (uthinkIE=thebest){
try Opera();
}

urusingFirefox();

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom