internet disconnects randomly when downloading through torrent..please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 26636

i have a reliance 1 mbps unlimited connection..for torrent downloads i use utorrent 2.0 ..everything was working fine but since the last week or so my internet has been disconnecting randomly..mostly when i am downloading through torrents..i get speeds above from 90kbps- 120kbps for some time but then suddenly the connection will log out..this happens mostly within 1-1 & 1/2 hrs of downoading...my OS is Windows 7..my friend has windows XP & if he downloads using torrent, everything is fine...we share the same connection(connected through a belkin g wireless router)..what could be the problem?is there some special setting i must use for utorrent in windows 7?i am currently using it through default settings.please provide a solution...thank you..

Last edited by a moderator:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
In XP, there used to be a problem for "Half open ports"...can be resolved by TCP/IP patch.

But, can't comment on Win7, I'm not sure if it still has that issue.

p_dude

Broken In
having too many open connections set in the utorrent?
in that case the router will overload and the connection will reset

try lowering the number of connections...

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

In XP, there used to be a problem for "Half open ports"...can be resolved by TCP/IP patch.

having too many open connections set in the utorrent?
in that case the router will overload and the connection will reset

try lowering the number of connections...

thank you for replying but can you please elaborate?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Windws XP SP2 introduces a few new twists to TCP/IP in order to babysit users and "reduce the threat" of worms spreading fast without control. In one such attempt, the devs seem to have limited the number of possible TCP connection attempts per second to 10 (from unlimited in SP1). This argumentative feature can possibly affect server and P2P programs that need to open many outbound connections at the same time.
Full article with solution for XP only

Try this search query in google, "speed issue in uTorrent for win7" without quotes. Check th results.

I'm unable to open a few sites that comes in search result. So....

Another good site for uTorrent optimization, LINK

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

Full article with solution for XP only

Try this search query in google, "speed issue in uTorrent for win7" without quotes. Check th results.

I'm unable to open a few sites that comes in search result. So....

Another good site for uTorrent optimization, LINK

thank you..i'll try that...another issue that i am facing is with the loading of web pages..almost no website will load at once in firefox..only sometimes they load at once, but at most times i have to refresh the page multiple times to get the pages to load...in webpages with a lot of images only a few images load completely, others only load partially....i get a lot of "server not found"..."oops!this link is broken" errors...but if i keep on reloading a few times, the pages load...my roommate has windows 7 on his HP dv9222tx laptop & he is not experiencing the problems with loading web pages...i wonder then how i can be having these problems when we share the same internet connection..:sad:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
In first post u told, u have win7 and ur friend has XP, now its ur friend who has win7.
How many room-mates do u have?

The solution depends upon the problem, if ur problem statement is so misguiding...what can we suggest?

Possible reason (for XP only)
1>ur Utorrent is hogging all bandwidth, so page loading will take time.
2>Due to half-open port issue ur internet connection is already disconnected as a result u r not able to view any site

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

In first post u told, u have win7 and ur friend has XP, now its ur friend who has win7.
How many room-mates do u have?

The solution depends upon the problem, if ur problem statement is so misguiding...what can we suggest?

Possible reason (for XP only)
1>ur Utorrent is hogging all bandwidth, so page loading will take time.
2>Due to half-open port issue ur internet connection is already disconnected as a result u r not able to view any site

sorry you are confused...actually i have two room mates..one has win 7 ult. like me on an hp dv9222tx laptop & the other has win xp on a desktop...the xp machine has no problems...be it downloading or browsing..as for me i only browse when no one is downloading...so the browsing problem is not related to downloading...anyway...i called up the guys from reliance tech. dept & they said they would come check the antennae....also i read in some forum that a few asus m/b's have internet connectivity issues in win 7...so maybe its my m/b thats causing problems...i am not sure but i am searching for a solution on my own..

EDIT this is a screenshot of the speed guide page in utorrent 2.0..as you can see, it doesn't have india under the bandwidth tab..so when i try to run the tests, i always get an error in this section but my port is forwarded correctly.. should i be concerned about this?- *i.iimmgg.com/images/th/e8503224e9db078343c506960e08b69c.png *i.iimmgg.com/images/th/3284f7019b6c0976c0307e3dd1019d6b.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom