internet by airtel gprs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tintin

Broken In
hello everyone,I want to browse internet in my computer through the airtel gprs.I have a SAMSUNG X100mobile phone .Is this possible on my handset.Also i have a query about the billing.they say they will charge RS.100 for 1 month unlimited use.is this all they will charge or there is some hidden charges for downloading stuffs.Also what are the hardware and software stuff that are needed for setting up the internet and my last question is what is the speed of the connection.i will be happy if the speed is equal to my dial up connection.THANKYOU everyone.

choudang

Padawan
welcome .... first lets have shake... currently i'm surfing the net by Airtel GPRS using N6610. u can do it with
1. Cellphone that have the modem future inbuilt like N6610,6020,6021 etc. sorry to say that i don't have a big knowledge about other cells.
2. use Data Cable, IrDA or Bluetooth
3. Airtel GPRS Mobile Office.

if your handset have the modem function.. sure you can use it.

now let me tell you abt the charge. in my circle [NESA] there are two charges @99 and @249....with @99 you can able to surf the net on your cell, you cann't connect with the PC as you are interested. but in @249 you can do both. there are no other charges.

according to the speed.. its good. im able to connect @230kbps [but my IrDA supports upto 115 kbps]. manual download starts at 40-50 kbps and finaly stucks at 4 kbps, i have got 13 kbps using IDM.

for details .. u can contact with your C.Care, cuz our circle is diff.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
welcome to legue buddy...
I also use Airtel mobile office on Nokia 6681.
In calcutta we only get Rs.249 unlimited plan..dwnld speed is abt 3-5 kbps
Go for it.
Its the cheapest u can get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom