Internal HDD 3.5" - 1 TB , looking for actual market cost?

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
My existing HDD 250Gb WD Blue (5 yrs old).. is not being detected by the bios.
Plaining to purchase a new one
3.5" HDD - 1 TB - Lowest cost and wht will be the max. warranty I can get.
Which brack should i go for ... Seagate or WD .. which one is more reliable ??

Online prices shows lots of variation: from Rs 3800 to 4500
(the ITDEPOT, THE ITEWARES, deltapage)

Can anyone tell me the actual market price in mumbai ?

MOD: sry for posting in wrong section, pls move the post to Storage Section.

AH

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
opt for WD blue 1tb. it is available for 3.8k and comes with 2 years of warranty. if you can get wd black 1 tb for 5.5k, then go ahead with it as it offers 5 years of warranty. wd is good at rma than seagate.

OP
A

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
it seems in mumbai laigton road..
WD Blue 1tb is on Shortage... Green is available ....
should i go for green .. or Wait for Blue...
or instead go for Seagate..???

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku

wait for Blue, Green is slow and hence not recommended as primary HDD. Or you can order online

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

it is difficult to get wd blue on some places, i dont know why. you however ask any shopkeeper to bring the blue version or you can talk to the distributor!

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Let me google that for you -_-

he asked for wd black ;)
@op, look here Buy Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB SATA Hard Disk Drive [WD5001AALS] in India at the best price. Screenshots, videos, reviews available. . but i dont know the credibility of the website.

ROHIT_SINGH

New to this forum
Sir

My internal hard disk seagate is not working now and as confirmed by computer shopkeeper it needs to be replaced
i have finalized WD Blue Internal Hard Disk for my DG-33 TL Intel Motherboard
WESTERN DIGITAL MODEL NO WD10EZEX SATA.
after confirming this model at various places in my city (City-Yamunanagar state-Haryana) every shop keeper is saying this model is not coming in market you can purchase either PURPLE or GREEN WD ......

i will be going to delhi next week.So is it really possible that i can find this model at NEHRU PALACE or this problem of shortage is everywhere.....

Between i have heard Blue is infact better than black in some terms for daily usage purpose of desktop.

Kindly guide me and also best shops at NEHRU PALACE.

THANKS!!!in advance

PS:-FIRST POST in digit.in :razz:

ROHIT_SINGH

New to this forum
My Internal Hard Disk of my Desktop has crashed recently and I wanted to purchase a new Internal Hard disk.
Earlier I was using Seagate Sata based hard disk and after much review I have finalised WESTERN DIGITAL WD 10EZEX Blue Hard Disk for my destop.
Problem is that it is not available in my area and everyone telling that this BLUE WD drive is out of stock(City Yamunanagar State Haryana).
I will be going to delhi next week and may be find it out at NEHRU PALACE.
Please confirm also regarding blue and black drives as I have heard black is a little bit better not much when comparison with blue drive.
Please provide some genuine and reliable shops to whom I can contact for WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB Drive .
Thanks!!in advance

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
wd blue is still in stock. some distributors keeps green drives at stock and that is why this 'shortage'. black is better than blue. and blue is better than green. get black if you have the budget since it has 5 years of warranty. else blue.

Top Bottom