Intermittent Connection...HELP needed..!!

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
I have a reliance broadband connection with an unlimited data usage plan for over 2 years. It worked great till 2 weeks ago. I've been experiencing breaking connection. What i mean is that the connection works fine for a few minutes then suddenly i cannot open any webpage and the downloads(if any) break up. I can see that the network and sharing center shows that i have internet access. But i cannot open any web page. I called the customer care and they sent some people over who changed the setting of the the DNS server to "use the following as DNS server address" and put some numbers there. It worked for a day but i'm back with the same problem again. any help with the issue?? i thought that the modem might be broken cause it dropped really hard few days ago...can that be a possibility??

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
Okk so nobody seems to be knowing the problem or nobody seems interested to answer....anyways i do need a new wifi router because i use a laptop and access the net on my android. So i've been searching the net and i like this one:

Flipkart: Asus DSL-N10E Wireless-N150 ADSL Modem Router: Router

SUGGEST!!!

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Flipkart: Belkin Basic (N150) Router: Router
This one is good router.I must say.Total VFM.

BTW for your first query ,either your modem has gone bad or else your ISP DNS is having problems.
Try Googe DNS.

*developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/
Microsoft Windows 7

*Go the Control Panel.
*Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Change adapter settings.
*Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties.
To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and click Properties.
* If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
*Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties.
*Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
*Click OK.
*Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
* Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:
For IPv4: 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4.
For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844
*Restart the connection you selected in step 3.

Last edited:
OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
^^ that link is for a router only....the link which i provided is for router including modem....because i need the modem part too if i am removing my modem altogether....am i right?????

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Sorry.My Bad.

I posted wrong link..Confused with models.
Flipkart: Belkin Basic Modem (N150) Router: Router
This one has added functionality of modem which you need.

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
I had this in mind before i checked out the Asus one...my question:

Does an external antenna give advantage over an internal one??? I think it does..if not then i will just go with the one which is less expensive.

@sujeet i'll try the DNS thing when i face the problem again and let you know..!!! Thanks.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I haven't found any advantage or disadvantage of internal antenna or external antenna till date.

Top Bottom