Intel's Next Desktop Launch Details Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Intel prepares to launch its Core 2 Duo E6x50-series, new E4000-series models and the Pentium E2100-series

The first upgrade of Intel's Conroe architecture is right around the corner. Roadmaps reveal the refreshed Conroe with a 1333 MHz front-side-bus arriving in Q3’07, around the same time of Intel’s Q3’07 price cuts. The new Core 2 Duo E6x50-series pricing will undercut pricing of current Core 2 Duo E6x00-series processors.

With the introduction of Core 2 Duo E6x50-series processors, the entire Intel Core 2 Duo desktop lineup will fall below the $300 price point. The Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 takes the top spot of Intel’s Core 2 Duo lineup at $266 per processor, in 1,000 unit quantities. Intel clocks the Core 2 Duo E6850 at 3.0 GHz, higher than last year’s flagship Core 2 Extreme X6800 and it costs a fraction of the X6800’s $999 launch price.

*www.ankur-gupta.com/images/C2D.JPG

Slotted below the Core 2 Duo E6850 is the 2.66 GHz E6750 at $183. At the bottom end of the Core 2 Duo E6x50 family are the E6550 and E6540 processors clocked at 2.33 GHz, which cost $163 per processor, in 1,000 unit quantities. Intel’s Core 2 Duo E6540 differs from the rest of the 1333 MHz front-side bus Core 2 Duo lineup because it does not have support for Intel’s Trusted Execution Technology, also known as TXT.

*www.ankur-gupta.com/images/C2D_1.JPG

Intel will also launch two more Core 2 Duo E4000-series processors. The Core 2 Duo E4400 will arrive next month clocked at 2.0 GHz for $133 per processor, in 1,000 unit quantities. In Q3’07, the Core 2 Duo E4400 will drop down to $113 with the introduction of the E4500. The Core 2 Duo E4500 clocks in at 2.2 GHz and takes over the $133 per processor, in 1,000 unit quantities, price point. Intel will slowly phase out the Core 2 Duo E4300 processor in Q3’07.

*www.ankur-gupta.com/images/PentiumE.JPG

Intel will introduce the first new Pentium desktop product since it switched over to the Core naming scheme in June. Two Pentium E2100 models will launch, the E2160 and E2140. These models are dual-core Conroe-based processors with 1MB of shared L2 cache. The 1.80 GHz Pentium E2160 fills the $84 price point while the 1.6 GHz Pentium E 2140 costs $10 less per processor, in 1,000 unit quantities.

Source
This is was what I was waiting for a long time...As my time to upgrade comes near Intel brings out lower priced processors forcing me to dump my plans of buying a AMD-FX processor...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

thats it. My current 3 years old 3.06 GHz Intel CPU is still holding. I was going to buy an E6600 but no more, E6750 here i come :D

Sourabh

Laptoping
HKEPC gets it spot on everytime! I really doubt if this is official. It will be, but doesn't come from Intel as of now to the best I know.

OP
Ankur Gupta

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
If the actual pricing is the way it is mentioned on the source link then I will certainly buy a E6850 from the US...

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
I am not interested in this. For currently my p3 is ok. When there's a real need, i'll buy one which will be the latest. :)

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
shashank4u said:
P3 ????? still .
what can u do in that P3 other than surfing...just askin..
Play Games, :D

I have WXPSP2. But on Saturday(17-3-07) i am going to load FC6.

goobimama

 Macboy
P3? Sheeeeee! Mods please delete that post....it curdles my blood (Just kidding by the way, my blood is fine).

Anyway, me too was thinking of upgrading especially since those HD DVDs look so tempting to play, but my P4 3.06HT (GX, is this the same as yours?) would fail on me.....

Finally i get some hope...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
goobimama said:
Anyway, me too was thinking of upgrading especially since those HD DVDs look so tempting to play, but my P4 3.06HT (GX, is this the same as yours?) would fail on me.....

Pentium 4 3.06 GHz with 533 MHz FSB & 512 KB L2 Cache, based on socket 478 & installed in Intel 865GBF motherboard. The first CPU from Intel with HT.

It does the job fine man, I can't watch 1080i HD Videos but it playes 720p Videos fine. Besides, my 17" Monitor can go upto 1280X1024 only so don't need anything higher then 720p HD videos.

Core 2 Duo E6700 does looks the best bang for buck. Thats a lot of power. With the relese of these CPUs, E6600 prices will also drop resulting in a better buy for Indian market. Remember we are still saling Pentium D here mostly :mad: , where the hell is AMD, why can't they do some marketing for Athlon64 here in Digit or Newspaper or TV.

E2xxx series looks quite good for offices, & low cost PCs for Students in Labs etc, now if only they could adopt the DTX form factor to actully make use of the low temprature features of these CPU. It is the next celeron.

For Mac mini, E4xxx series should be a boon. Low temprature with Bearlake chipset which means DX10\OpenGL 2.0 graphics with hardware decoding of videos.

blackpearl

The Devil
gx_saurav said:
Remember we are still saling Pentium D here mostly :mad: , where the hell is AMD, why can't they do some marketing for Athlon64 here in Digit or Newspaper or TV.

The reason why AMD's sales are poor inspite of Athlon64 beating the P4s is because of lack of ads. Just when was the last time you saw an AMD ad? I have seen none in TV. Only rarely they appear on a mag or newspaper and that too not from AMD. Rather its from a branded PC with AMD processors. I guess there is no ad campaign specifically from AMD. I mean, how dumb is that!!

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
goobimama said:
P3? Sheeeeee! Mods please delete that post....it curdles my blood (Just kidding by the way, my blood is fine).

Finally i get some hope...
You all guys use Windows with lot of CPU consuming tasks. Win Xp runs fine on P3 even with 128Mb Ram and 500Mhz CPU. I was having 128 but now i have 384. However Linux will NOT give any prob. for me. And If i want to run any WApp on Linux, i'll use Wine- Not the drink, the Windows Environment Emulator which fools the apps that they r running in Windows, but actually it runs on Linux. :p :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom