Intel 845GLVA and GFX card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IG

Journeyman
I have an Intel 845GLVA mobo.Dont know if it supports AGP based cards.So which gfx card should i get for it? My budget is Rs 2.5k.What are teh advantages of AGP over PCI cards and vice versa?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Are yaar this query belongs to The Graphic card sticy in Hardware section
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13761
Btw The only one i can suggest u is the Obvious XFX GEforce Fx5200 with 128MB VRAM Costing round 2.5k-3k at the most :wink:

Btw the Diff is Very Less compared to PCI in terms of games frame rates to be much more precise :wink:

Plzz post in the approp section next time :)

OP
I

IG

Journeyman
hmm....i remembre someone i think a mod having a siggy that said : pls post your hardware and software queries in the q&a section and not the software and hardware reviews section :p

Thanks for the info neways m8.will repost there and hopefully not be called a spammer :p

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
IG said:
hmm....i remembre someone i think a mod having a siggy that said : pls post your hardware and software queries in the q&a section and not the software and hardware reviews section :p
Errr.....even i suppose i had seen that as well but i guess Its was just a Siggy message and not meant to be taken officially....here's The Original Rules quoted
Hardware Reviews
A forum to discuss/review hardware products. Your views and first-hand experiences on computer hardware and electronic goods are welcome here. Note: The views/reviews contained within this section are purely the opinions of the posters
Rules: This is the old “Hardware Discussion” section, renamed so that there is less confusion as to what is to be posted here.
Members can post personal viewpoints/reviews of hardware that they use/have used in the past.

Software Reviews
A forum to discuss/review software products. Your views and first-hand experiences on any software—from OSes to applications are welcome here. Note: The views/reviews contained within this section are purely the opinions of the posters

Rules: This is the old “Software Discussion” section, renamed so that there is less confusion as to what is to be posted here.
Members can post personal viewpoints/reviews of software that they use/have used in the past. Reviews or mentions of software such as hacking/cracking tools or anything that even borders on illegal is strictly forbidden.

IG said:
Thanks for the info neways m8.will repost there and hopefully not be called a spammer :p

No worries mate.....Btw this dosent mean spammin around but rather a Mispost which can be rectified :wink:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Well, as far as I know, the i845GL series does not have AGP support.
*support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel845g/sb/CS-009073.htm

The main advantage AGP cards have over PCI cards is their amount of bandwidth and the ability to offload a major chunk of graphics processing at fast rates to the GPU. Remember that you will get literally very little performance boosts in even pre-2003 games at the lowest possible graphics settings with a PCI card. If you're a gamer, consider upgrading to a motherboard that supports AGP8x/PCIe rather than wasting money on a PCI based video card. I remember seeing a PCI based GF2 MX card for around 2.5k and DKant was telling me about a Radeon 92xx card for around 4.5k. Dont even think of spending that money on a PCI card that wont even get you half as much performance than a cheaper priced FX5200.

technoteen

Journeyman
ya enoomnai is completely correct
intel 845gl chipsets do not suppport agp cards

i have tried agp 4x as well as agp8x cards on my 845gl but they do not work

i 845gl supports pci video card but they are not of any much help to improve performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom