Insufficient Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

crs_cwiz

Broken In
Ever since i've installed my new dvd writer today (below in siggy), i'e been experiencing lock ups and crashes.. they always happen when im doing somethings strenuous like encoding video... once when i connected my wd mybook home to my pc through firewire, the screen flickered a bit and it just went blank.. had to restart.. is my power supply adequate? other devices on my mobo include a WiFi receiver, USB devices include logitech g5 mouse.. config is in siggy

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
What is the wattage of your current SMPS ?
Use this calculator to check your wattage - *www.extreme.outervision.com/powercalc.jsp

Kush6

Broken In
Your PSU is more than enough for your setup, however it may be defective in this particular case - test it and let us know.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
by kush6
Your PSU is more than enough for your setup, however it may be defective in this particular case - test it and let us know.

hmm...that might be the case. It might have gone one kaput. Or is it the main SOCKET on the switchboard? It can be both ways. Test the PSU and tell us.

OP
crs_cwiz

crs_cwiz

Broken In
hmm.. its a modular one, so when i just switch the positioning of the wires, it works fine

i just changed the wiring, and put all the 3 hdd on individual wires, and now its running fine... how do i test a psu??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom