Installing Vista on logical partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Is it possible to install vista on logical partition ?
Whenever i try to do so i get error " This partition does not meet the criteria to install --------- ".

If not is there any way to convert any extended partition to primary one through vista disc ?

hansraj

In the zone
i have dual boot in my two pc..... one has vista in logical and the other has xp !!! I didnt face this prob

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
My HDD has one primary partition and rest are logical. Size of would be vista partition is 30 GB.

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Abe it is part of extended family :D. I'll have to delete whole extended partition to make one primary from it ( m i right)

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Yaar pura extended partition(consisting of 5 logical partitions) format karna padega. Sara ekatha kiya hua maal khatam ho jayega. Mere pass backup ke liye kuch nahin hai.
Koe meri barso ki mehnat pe pani phirane se bachao :x :x

hansraj

In the zone
Dost does any fnd of ur s has external hard disk....... coz it looks like a full format ..i mean FDISK may sort u r problem out. But to try that u need to back up all u r stuff.

narangz

Web developer
Yaar pura extended partition(consisting of 5 logical partitions) format karna padega. Sara ekatha kiya hua maal khatam ho jayega. Mere pass backup ke liye kuch nahin hai.
Koe meri barso ki mehnat pe pani phirane se bachao :x :x

Get some one's HDD- internal or external. It's only a matter of couple of hours to copy to the new HDD & copy back to your friend's HDD.

Dual layer DVDs may also help. Get some & copy the important stuff. It's always better to backup your important data. :)

-----

On a second thought- Copy your data on your laptop using LAN. :D Or do you only have a laptop?

Last edited:

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
wel am not too sure but Vista is creating problm on a SATA drives...but if using the IDE with the SATA drives attached, the installation accesses the SATA drives just find....

narangz

Web developer
^^ Na. I've SATA & IDE HDDs. I've right now installed Vista on SATA drive. Previously it was on IDE.

Abe laptop mere ghar par hai bhai ke pass

Toh ley ayio this Sunday abhi xp se kaam chala lo. Nahi to kisi se HDD ley aao ya dual layer DVD.

Last edited:
OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
BTW this is not the first time i am facing this problem. Same thing also happened earlier when i was trying to install vista on my boss's laptop. When always me yaar :D May be because i curse vista and its vista's turn to take the revenge :D
Now i can without any doubt say that vista does't go well with logical partions

narangz

Web developer
^^ I installed it once on a logical partition. Didn't get any such error.

Have you partitioned your HDD using some partitioning tools? A silly question but it might be a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom