installing suse linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioactive

Broken In
can any pls let me know how to install suse linux keeping windows xp as default.i tried installing but it said it wud partition my hdd.
pls i need advice.

drsethi

Journeyman
Actually it is easily possible. Dont accept default partitioning during setup and make your own partitions. You may give Linux 10-20 GB space from any windows partition which should ideally be empty. Give / 10Gb, /home 8Gb and swap 1GB space.You should also have a fat32 windows partition to interact between Windows and Linux. GRUB bootloader automatically detects Windows and you will be given option to boot in windows or Linux. You can always make Windows or Linux as default by editing GRUB.

OP
R

radioactive

Broken In
thanks man but i am installing linux for 1st time and dony have any india for it can u pls xplain a bit in detail.if i let the linux partion my windows drive then wont winxp be deletd or corrupted

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
yes. windows Xp will be lost in that case.

*www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/doc/suse/suse9.3/suselinux-adminguide_en/sec.i.yast2.proposal.html

the above link has step-by-step picure based tutorial for this. go through that.

Last edited:

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
ambandla said:
yes. windows Xp will be lost in that case.

*www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/doc/suse/suse9.3/suselinux-adminguide_en/sec.i.yast2.proposal.html

the above link has step-by-step picure based tutorial for this. go through that.

i agreee with amar .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom