Installing Nvidia Drivers in linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
anyways in one way or other there needs to use CLI in Linux be it Ubuntu or what.and CLI (bash shell) aint that tough as with ms-dos one.be ready to face it :) .i dint tried envy yet.but manual optimizations for nvidia and ati drivers are better(see the Device section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf ).even there is nvidia-xconfig,nvidia-settings etc packages available.nvidia-xconfig generates ur /etc/X11/xorg.conf line.

OP
vish786

vish786

"The Gentleman"
amitava82 said:
I have nvidia 5700LE. First Ticked Check Mark in the Restricted Driver manager and restarted but nothing happened. Then I used synaptic to install driver. It installed fine but i could not enable desktop effect. Don't remember the error msg. When I checked xorg.conf the driver was still "nv" instead of "nvidia". So i Changed to "nvidia", restarted and as usual desktop manager crashed. So I had to change it to "nv" form CLI to get GDM. Then I downloaded binary package from nVidia site and installed it but same story. Finally I installed using Envy script and Everything worked without any hitch.

Envy script ?? How to use it... and what is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom