Installing a cabinet fan

I opted for cm 80mm led fan frm flipkart as sugestd by other members..bt my shopkeepers couldnt get it. .so after a prolonged search,i was able to get a non led 80mm fan and dat too a cheap 1. . .i checkd it in my pc,its running. . .

1. should i attach it to rear or side?
2. the side of d fan blowing air should face the inside of the cabinet?
3. the Inside of my cabinet is very congestd wid psu and fan wires. .can i do anythng wid it?

help out guys. . ..

amjath

Human Spambot
IMO add the fan on rear of the case to blow the air out

for the third point try to make cable management for wires inside the case, like to grab all the extended wires and pin it on the sides of the cabinet

Also if possible buy a cabinet fan for the sides to make sure air flows towards the processor fan

koolent

Youngling
^^ All three points are true.. Remember, the congested wires conflict with the airflow too so do manage them using a cable management kit with sticky hooks or you can buy them separately but look for as many hooks as possible inbuilt your cabinet ;)

OP
B

Bodhisatwa

Gunner
Bought a second one. . .1 on d rear and anther on d side. .

hOw does a hook look like?price?
in which side of the caby should i attach those wires wid d hooks??
finaly--pls reply to my 2nd questn. . .

koolent

Youngling
those are not exactly hooks, they come with cable management kits with zip ties and velcrow ties.. So actually you will have to buy something that can be used to keep wires within.. and stick it wherever you want your wires to be and grip those wires to them.. Cable management kits are really usefil and you will get them under Rs. 200- Rs. 300..

OP
B

Bodhisatwa

Gunner
I instald 1 fan at rear and anther at side. . .
i bundled al the wires frm psu and fan wid brown tape and sided it to the uper part of cabinet. .now its okay :)

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Be careful while installing fans. More fans != cooler system always. If you, suppose, put all the fans in a way that they blow air out, or all fans blow air in, that's gonna be a serious problem. So make sure some fans blow air in while most of them blow air out.

There was a digit article way back that showed that gave a lot of info regarding these stuff.

OP
B

Bodhisatwa

Gunner
I dnt remembr d previous temps. .:p

i instald carefuly. .:)
d bundle is pretty thick. . .wil a cable tie b available fr dat?

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
First of all, if you could post some pictures of your cabinet, we could better help you.

Regarding the fans, use 1 fan as front intake and other one as rear exhaust (talking with respect to inside the cabinet). Don't add the fan on the side, do it only if you have a spare one after installing the two front and rear fans.

Again I insist, post some pictures of your cabinet's inside. There is simply no need to buy cable ties, tapes and other fancy materials just for getting the cables on place. This can be easily done with house hold items.

OP
B

Bodhisatwa

Gunner
I am using net frm my mob...so its vry difclt to post pics here. .
i posted some pics of my caby i my other thread named-want to install a cabinet fan. . if u can,pls check it out. .
and i dnt thnk it has a space for frnt intake fan. .

Top Bottom